Cobalto™ scanner delivers high performance in a small, fixed reader that can
also be used as a targeted handheld scanner. Its innovative design maximizes
productivity and minimizes operator stress, strain and fatigue. The scanner can
easily adapt to either fixed/portable or targeted handheld scanning
applications. The omni-directional reading pattern of 20 lines and 1,500 scans
per second provides the market’s fastest 1D decoding rate and motion tolerance.
By using the touch button on top of the scanner, the reader emits a single
targeted scan pattern for handheld scanning of hard to read or large items, or
to read an individual barcode with a 30° adjustable scan head when there are
many barcodes on a single item. The readers can also be configured to
be in "stand-by" mode to minimize power consumption when the
scanner is not in use. The scanner will automatically "wake-up" when
it detects a code.
- 1D / Linear Codes - Auto-discriminates all standard
1D codes including GS1 DataBar
- Stacked Codes - GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked; GS1 DataBar Stacked;
GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional
- Operating (Maximum) : < 500 mA @ 5 VD C ;
Operating ( Typical) : < 430
mA @ 5 VD C ;
Sleep M ode: < 2.5 mA
- Input Voltage - 5 VD C +/- 5%
- Ambient Light - 0 - 86,000 lux
- Drop Resistance - Withstands repeated drops from 1.2
m / 4.0 ft onto a concrete surface
- ESD Protection (Air Discharge) - 16 kV
- Humidity (Non-Condensing) - 5 - 90%
- Particulate And Water Sealing - IP30
Temperature - Operating: 0 to 40 °C / 32 to 104 °F
Storage/Transport: -40 to 70 °C / -40 to 158 °F
- Colors Available - Black or White
- Dimensions - 9.9 x 11.0 x 15.0 cm / 3.9 x 4.3 x 5.9 in
- Weight - 440 g / 15.5 oz
- Light Source - 650 nm VLD
- Motion Tolerance - > 4 m / sec. on 100% E A N13 @ 10 cm / 3.9 in from
- Print Contrast Ratio (min) - 35%
- Read Rate (max) - 1,500 digital scan lines/sec.
- Reading Indicators - Beepers, Polyphonic; Good Read LED
- Resolution (max) - 0.130 mm / 5 mils
- Scan Lines - 20
- Typical Depth of Field
Minimum distance determined by symbol length and scan angle.
Printing resolution, contrast, and ambient light dependent.
Code 39 5 mils: 0.5 to 5.5 cm / 0.2 to 2.2 in
EAN/UPC-A 13 mils: 0 to 27.5 cm
/ 0 to 10. 8 in
|Safety & Regulatory
- Agency Approvals - The product meets necessary safety
and regulatory approvals for its intended use. The
Reference Guide for this product can be referred to for
a complete list of certifications.
- Environmental Compliance - Complies to China RoHS; Complies to EU RoHS
- Laser Classification - Caution Laser Radiation - Do not stare into beam;
EN 60825-1 Class 1
- LED Classification - IEC 62471 E xempt Class
For more information, please visit
Cobalto™ CO5300 Omnidirectional Presentation Laser Scanner website.