check reading capability to keyboards, terminals and printers with this
small, self-contained MICR Check Reader Module.
Mag-Tek reliability is built into
every module, bringing unprecedented ease, efficiency, and security
to any check transaction.
Small footprint with high-accuracy and rugged motorized transport
reads checks in real-world condition with virtually 100% accuracy.
- Reading of checks is automatic and foolproof, with no alignment
or placement subtleties to introduce human error.
- MAGTEK's MICR Check Readers are in service today with many major
U.S. retailers and financial institutions, reading millions of checks
daily and billions annually.
- Reads E13-B and CMC-7 MICR characters on checks, deposit slips,
withdrawal slips and other MICR encoded documents.
- Flash enhanced for easy
firmware, parameters, and MICR line formats.
- Command-driven communications protocol controls functions of
- Optional 3-track MSR (magnetic stripe Reader) for ISO and
MICR Module Specifications & Dimensions
MICR is a single-feed MICR check reader with a dependable and durable
design. With a small footprint, Mini MICR is ideal for retail and financial
applications where fast and accurate MICR reading is required. Mini
MICR offers a range of interface options, including connectivity to
the most popular POS terminals.
Learn more about the
Mini MICR from MagTek's product site.
- Operating Voltage: +5VDC
- Operating Current Idle: 100mA nominal current
- Average: 450mA with motor on
- Peak current: 700mA maximum
- Operating Temperature: +32°F to +131°F (0°C to +55°C)
- Humidity: 10% to 90% without condensation
- Speed: 15 IPS (38,1cm/sec) ±10%
- Read Cycles: 1,000,000
- MICR Fonts: E13B, CMC7
- Interface: RS-232 or TTL-serial
USB Swipe & Insert Reader Software: This program demonstrates
card reading for the USB HID and Keyboard readers. This program also
allows a user to send commands that change the devices configuration.
These commands can either be entered manually or downloaded from a user-created
list. The source code for this program is also provided to assist developers.