Magellan 1100i omni-directional presentation
scanner is a versatile, high performing data collection tool for various
applications. It uses Datalogic Scanning's latest digital imaging technology
to provide intuitive and fast reading performance on 1D and 2D bar codes
as well as supporting advanced features such as image capture and EAS (Electronic
Article Surveillance) tag deactivation. A revolutionary External Read
Indicator (ERI) allows the Magellan 1100i reader to integrate with other
third party RFID or EAS systems for a truly "future-proof" solution.
Retailers can take advantage of Datalogic Scanning's expertise in
both hands-free and handheld scanning: the
1100i, has the capability to decode PDF417 bar codes commonly found
on IDs. The ability to read a coupon from a customer's mobile phone
is a new trend in the convenience markets and the benefits are numerous:
- Consumers do not have to remember to take coupons to the store.
- Coupons can be instantly provided via text messaging.
- Coupons can be instantly retrieved via text messaging.
- Utilizing a coupon promo code allows customer to track responses
to the promotion.
The Magellan 1100i imager introduces Datalogic's new Illumix
intelligent illumination technology which enables the ability to read
bar codes from backlit displays found in mobile phones, PDA's, PDT's
etc. This feature not only supports fast paced consumer lifestyles,
but also "green" initiatives to go paperless. Illumix technology also
provides incredible motion tolerance, far beyond most other 2D scanning
solutions, enabling both sweep and presentation scanning techniques.
The Magellan 1100i reader's compact size makes it the ideal solution
for space-constrained environments. With a precise reading area, it
is perfect for hands-free or handheld scanning and helps reduce accidental
misreads of items caused by stray laser scan lines, improving productivity
and customer satisfaction.
Scanning's patented Green Spot good-read indicator improves user feedback
by projecting a visual green spot onto bar codes just read. The additional
visual feedback makes it easy to use in noisy retail applications and
in healthcare or library applications that benefit from silent reading.
The Green Spot can also be used to target a single code from a group
of codes or to position a single code inside the reading area.
A comprehensive multi-interface set and a powerful label-editing
feature allows easy integration into existing or new host systems. Magellan
Value Added Features such as Diagnostics Reporting, Host Download, plus
optional Productivity Index Reporting
allow management to use data from the scanner to improve throughput
and manage maintenance. In addition, each scanner supports Remote Management
Systems to streamline operations and ongoing support across an enterprise.
- 1D / Linear Codes - Auto-discriminates all standard
1D codes including GS1 DataBar
- 2D Codes - Aztec Code, Data Matrix, MaxiCode, QR Code
- Stacked Codes - GS1 DataBar Composites; GS1 DataBar
Composites; GS1 DataBar Expanded Stacked; GS1 DataBar Stacked;
GS1 DataBar Stacked omni-directional; Micro PDF417, PDF417
- Current - operating (Typical): < 400 mA Standby/Idle
(Typical): < 300 mA
- Input Voltage - 4.5 - 14.0 VDC
- Ambient Light - Indoor: 0 to 6,000 lux; outdoor: 0 to
- Drop Resistance - Withstands repeated drops from 1.2
m / 4.0 ft onto a concrete surface
- ESD Protection (Air Discharge) - 25 kV
- Humidity (Non-Condensing) - 5 - 95%
- Particulate And Water Sealing - IP52
Temperature - Operating: 0 to 40 °C / 32 to 104 °F
Storage/Transport: -40 to 70 °C / -40 to 158 °F
- Colors Available - Black or Grey
- Dimensions - Riser Stand: 5.8 x 7.4 x 9.7 cm / 2.3 x
2.9 x 3.8 in
Scanner: 8.4 x 7.1 x 9.4 cm / 3.3 x 2.8 x 3.7 in
- Weight - Riser Stand: 187.1 g / 6.6 oz
Scanner: 198.5 g / 7.0 oz
- Image Capture - optional: 752 x 480 pixels; Graphic
- Print Contrast Ratio (min) - 25%
- Read Rate (max) - 1,768 digital scan lines/sec.
- Reading Angle - Pitch: +/- 65°; Roll (Tilt): 0 - 360°;
Skew (yaw): +/- 75°
- Reading Indicators - Beeper (Adjustable Tone and Volume);
Datalogic ‘Green Spot’ Good Read Feedback; Good Read LED
- Resolution (max) - 0.130 mm / 5 mils
- Scan Lines - Digital: 136
- Typical Depth of Field
Minimum distance determined by symbol length and scan angle.
Printing resolution, contrast, and ambient light dependent.
5 mils: 1.3 to 4.6 cm / 0.5 to 1.8 in
7.5 mils: 0.63 to 5.71 cm / 0.25 to 2.25 in
10 mils: 0 to 12.7 cm / 0 to 5.0 in
13 mils UPC: 0 to 17.7 cm / 0 to 7.0 in
20 mils: 0 to 17.7 cm / 0 to 7.0 in
|Safety & Regulatory
- Agency Approvals - The product meets necessary safety
and regulatory approvals for its intended use. The Quick
Reference Guide for this product can be referred to for
a complete list of certifications.
- Environmental Compliance - Complies to EU RoHS
- LED Classification - IEC 60825 Class 1 LED
For more information, please visit
Magellan 1100i website.