OPN 2001 & 2004 Pocket Memory Scanner
- pocket memory scanner makes barcode data collection simple with 512 KB of
memory, which stores over 10,000 barcodes plus time stamp.
size and light weight (30g), easy to carry.
- One button storage, one button removal.
- Easy data transfer through mini-USB communication interface (included).
- Stored data is saved as a text file when transferred to the PC.
- Internal Lithium-Ion battery charged via USB connection.
- OPN2004 - next generation pocket scanner has the same
features as the OPN2001, but with the ability to customize applications on
the device itself with full programmability in C language.
With each purchase of this scanner, a license is provided for the use of
Free Barcode Font,
Free Barcode Label
Design Application and the
Barcode Scanner ASCII
String Decoder. The software may be downloaded once the purchase is
The Opticon OPN2000 Series Pocket Memory Scanner makes linear barcode data
collection simple for any user. Using this compact scanner is straightforward -
scan a barcode and it will be stored automatically. This scanner has 512 KB of
memory which stores over 10,000 barcodes plus time stamp. An easy "rescan"
button allows the user to remove the barcode from memory and replace it with the
correct barcode. For easy data transfer, the scanner utilizes a standard USB
port, which is also used to charge the internal Lithium-Ion battery.
Rechargeable battery: Lithium-Ion 3.7V 150mAh
- Operating time: Over 7 hours (2 scans/sec)
- Data retention time: Ca. 72 hours
- Charging method: Enclosed USB cable
source: 650 nm visible laser diode
- Scan method: vibrating mirror
- Scan rate: 100 scans/sec
- Decode rate: 100 decodes/sec
- Reading pitch angle: +35 - +0°, 0 - -35°
- Reading skew angle: -8 - -50º, +8 - +50º
- Reading tilt angle: +20 - +0°, 0 - -20°
- Curvature: R>15 (EAN8), R>20 (EAN13)
- Min. PCS value: 0.45
- Depth of field: At PCS 0.9 UPC
- 5 - 500 mm / 2.95 - 19.69 in (1.0 mm / 39 mil),
- 55 - 350 mm / 2.17 - 13.78 in (0.5 mm / 20 mil),
- 55 - 200 mm / 2.17 - 7.87 in (0.25 mm / 10 mil),
- 55 - 110 mm / 2.17 - 4.33 in (0.15 mm / 6 mil),
- 65 - 90 mm / 2.56 - 3.54 in (0.127 mm / 5 mil)
- Barcode (1D): JAN/UPC/EAN incl. add on, Codabar/NW-7, Code 11, Code 39, Code
93, Code 128, GS1-128 (EAN-128), GS1 DataBar (RSS), IATA, Industrial 2of5,
Interleaved 2of5, ISBN-ISMN-ISSN, Matrix 2of5, MSI/Plessey-UK/Plessey, S-Code,
- Postal code: Chinese Post, Korean Postal Authority code
- 2D code: MicroPDF417, PDF417
- Memory FlashROM: 512 kB (program storage + >10.000 barcodes + time stamp)
- Memory RAM: 256 kB
- Microprocessor: STR7, 32 bits
- Real time clock: Supports year, month, day, hour, minute, second (leap year
- Keyboard: 1 function key, 1 scan key
- Operating system: Proprietary
OPN Quick Start Guide
- Temperature in operation: 0 to 50 °C / 32 to 122 ºF
- Temperature in storage: -20 to 60 °C / -4 to 140 ºF
- Humidity in operation: 20 - 85% (non-condensing)
- Humidity in storage: 20 - 85% (non-condensing)
- Ambient light immunity: Fluorescent 4,000 lx max / Direct sun 80,000 lx max
- Dimensions: (w x h x d) 32 x 62 x 17 mm / 1.26 x 2.44 x 0.67 inches
- Weight: ca. 30 g / 1.1 oz (incl. battery)
- Product compliance: CE, FCC, VCCI, RoHS, JIS-C-6802 Class 2, IEC 60825-1
Class 2, FDA CDRH, Class II