Barcode does not display in Crystal Reports ActiveX Viewer
on the client PC.
Barcode Fonts display correctly on the development
machine or server, but do not display in Crystal Reports ActiveX Viewer
on the client PC.
This is a common issue for customers using the Crystal Reports ActiveX
or with the
Crystal Barcode UFL. IDAutomation's understanding is that the Crystal
Reports ActiveX Viewer has several problems properly displaying custom
or symbol encoded fonts.
Some potential solutions are listed below:
- Make sure all patches and updates to Crystal Reports have been
installed, especially for the ActiveX Viewer. Contact Crystal Decisions
support to verify all updates have been installed properly.
- Try using another font type or try using one of the non-symbol
encoded fonts. For fonts that are symbol encoded, IDAutomation also
includes non-symbol encoded fonts in the distributed ZIP package.*
- Upgrade to the latest version of Crystal Reports and use the
new feature to create PDF files to distribute to the client. When
doing this, be sure to embed the fonts in the PDF.*
- If the above steps do not fix the problem and the customer's
Support and Upgrade Subscription is up to date, please
with the order number and the exact name of the non-functioning
font. In some cases, IDAutomation can recompile the font using different
settings that the ActiveX Viewer favors.
- If the above steps do not fix the issue, it may be more convenient
to use another program to display the barcodes on a Web browser
such as those recommended in IDAutomation's
Internet Barcoding FAQ.
* IDAutomation fonts that are dated July 2003, and later, have been
created without symbol encoding and include the new OpenType fonts, which
allow embedding in PDFs and fixed problems with the ActiveX Viewer.
Download the current version of any IDAutomation product with an
Support & Upgrade Subscription.