Errors in UFL formula with Crystal Reports
Troubleshooting an UFL error in the Crystal Reports formula:
- If the following error is received: " AutomationException: 0x80041019
- UFL 'u25idautomation.dll' that implements this function is missing
verify the UFL is installed in the Windows/System directory of each
computer running the report or
use the formulas instead
of the UFL.
- Make sure the formula was entered correctly and with the proper
syntax. See examples in IDAutomation's
Crystal Reports Barcoding Tutorial.
- Consider using IDAutomation's
Barcode Font Formulas
for Crystal Reports instead of the UFL.
- Errors can occur if a report using a UFL was distributed to
a computer that does not have the UFL installed. To solve this issue,
install the UFL on all PCs using the report. Problems encountered
when distributing Crystal Reports to other PCs are usually associated
with the report not being compiled before distribution, or a missing
Crystal Report Runtime DLL on the destination PC. If a Crystal UFL
is used with a file date older than June 22, 2005, then it is highly
recommended to upgrade to
the latest version. If backwards compatibility is needed with
formulas of previous reports, IDAutomation has the
previously released Crystal Barcode UFL available.
- Make sure all patches and updates to Crystal Reports are installed.
- If a runtime version of Crystal Reports is used, make sure all
of the runtime DLLs are installed. Please refer to the
Crystal Reports Support
site for solutions to this issue. Some of the runtime DLLs required
on the destination PC are listed in
- To verify if IDAutomation's Barcode UFL is working correctly,
access the barcode formula with static data, for example:
If the static field does not generate an error and formats
text to the barcode font, then the UFL and font are working properly
and the problem is most likely one of the following issues listed
below. Please refer to the
Crystal Reports Support
site for solutions to these issues.
- Required Runtime DLLs are not installed or are corrupted.
- Report was not compiled before distribution.
- User does not have access to retrieve correct data.
- Corrupted report.
- Latest updates to Crystal need to be installed.
For most linear barcode fonts, IDAutomation has created
Barcode Font Formulas for Crystal Reports that do not require a
barcode UFL. Using this technique, there are no additional DLLs or UFLs
to distribute to obtain the functionality needed for barcode fonts.
These formulas are only provided in purchased versions of the barcode
font products and appear in the "Font Tools\Crystal Reports Formulas"
folder of the ZIP file. To obtain these formulas the latest version
of the barcode font product is needed.
Download the current version of any IDAutomation product with an
Support & Upgrade Subscription.