After Creating VS.NET project, Form is blank
This issue applies to using VB .NET or C# .NET and
one of the following:
In many cases, the form will not display because a reference to the
.dll is missing. This may happen when a project is opened after the
DLL has moved and sometimes occurs the first or second time the project
In order to reset the reference to the .dll in the form, use the
- Check the .user file (if it exists) and remove any references
in the ReferencePath.
for example <Settings ReferencePath = "" >
- Place all DLLs used in the project in project directory; in
the same folder as the .sln solution file.
- Delete references to the component DLLs such as "IDAutomation.Barcode"
from Solution Explorer.
- Add references to Solution Explorer. This is performed by choosing
Project - Add Reference, selecting the .NET tab and browse to the
appropriate DLL that corresponds to the project.
- Add to the Toolbox the barcode control by right-clicking in
the toolbox and select "Customize Toolbox," then select the .NET
tab and click on browse to locate the appropriate DLL that corresponds
to the project.
- Click the "Save all" button.
- Close solution or project.
- Reopen the solution or project.