MICR E13B Font Advantage Package
Generate MICR E13B characters for bank check printing in the United States,
Canada and other countries.
- Includes easy to use Bank
Check Design Software and
IDAutomation Security Fonts for printing
secure names and currency amounts.
- In use since 1998, created from strict ANSI and ISO specifications, and
meets ABA banking standards.
- Advanced, precise MICR design may eliminate the need to calibrate fonts to
- Digitally Signed TrueType and OpenType fonts are provided for security
purposes. The package also includes PostScript and PCL fonts.
- Used in many applications including Oracle eBusiness Suite, Peachtree and
- Includes 24 additional MICR fonts at various widths and intensities with calibration software for printers that are out of alignment.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux, Pocket PC and other
- The following are included with a purchase of the Developer License or above:
- Web Fonts
in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display the fonts in any web
- Silent installation executables with source scripts to create custom installations.
MICR E13B Font Overview and Features
MICR E13B is a special font that is used on bank checks and drafts in the United
States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama, UK, and other countries to print E13B
characters for magnetic recognition and optical character recognition systems.
This MICR font contains 10 specially-designed numeric characters 0 through 9,
and four special symbols: transit, amount, on-us, and dash.
Industry Standard Support:
|"IDAutomation's Check Design Software has more versatility than other
software. It is very intuitive, and the possibilities are infinite. The logic in
the program is organized and straight forward. This is by far the easiest
application to get up and running on the market. Couple that with the power of
the program and it beats competition priced 5 or 10 times higher." - Ted
Sapperstein, Dee Michaels Inc.
- ANSI and ISO Compliant:
- IDAutomation's MICR E13B fonts were created
according to ISO 1004:1995 and meet the ANSI X9.27-1995 specification for MICR
- Because they were created from the ISO spec, the fonts meet the
E13B specification for other countries as well. Examples include:
- Australian APCA
- Canadian Payments Association Standard 006 Specification for
- These fonts have been proven to pass the ABA banking
standards in the USA for bank checks and paper-based drafts.
- IDAutomation MICR
fonts have also been tested on several MICR readers and sorters including the
UNISYS DP500 and the IBM 3890.
- MICR Print Specifications: These specifications are a summary of the
placement requirements obtained from the ABA (American Banker's Association).
Multiple Versions Provided:
IDAutomationMICR font was created to precisely match each of the printer's pixels when printing at 300
dpi or multiples of 300 dpi above. This MICR font eliminates the need to
calibrate the font to the printer, or to use different fonts on different
printers, unless the printer is out of alignment. For printers that are out of
alignment, additional fonts are provided with a calibration tool.
- 24 Additional Fonts: Additional MICR fonts are provided for printers
that are out of alignment.
The following fonts are provided in the package;
all font names begin with IDAutomationMICR.
|* Differences in intensities and widths may be noticed only on printers with 600
dpi or greater resolution.
** Fonts named MICR and E13B are the same as IDAutomationMICR and support
applications that require these specific names.
- Security Fonts:
Security fonts allow a safer method of printing names and currency amounts
to reduce the risk of bank check forgery.
Bank Check Design and Printing Software:
The 2015 version of the Bank Check Design and Printing Software adds .NET Framework 2.0 native
compatibility, Windows 8 and 10 compatibility and includes performance enhancements to
the printing, drawing and viewing processes.
The software supports importing of
signature and logo images, secure number amounts and has many other powerful
features such as VB scripting and database connectivity to CSV files, Excel,
Access, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Accounting Software Compatibility: Some accounting packages such as
Peachtree 8 or greater allow IDAutomation MICR fonts to be used on custom check
forms. If an accounting application has this capability, MICR fonts can save
money on check printing by helping to streamline the process.
- Visual Basic Source: The Visual Basic source code included with the MICR Font package has been extracted from a working check printing application
and should provide insight into automated methods of printing bank checks with
IDAutomation MICR E13B fonts.
Multiple Formats Provided:
When a license is purchased for this font
package, the following typefaces are
- Digitally Signed: The latest version of this package includes
embedded digital signatures within the TrueType and OpenType fonts.
- TrueType fonts are supplied as digitally signed, OpenType with
TrueType TTF outlines.
They are compatible with Mac OS X and all versions of
Microsoft Windows®, including XP, Windows 7, 8 & 10, Server 2012 and mobile
devices including iOS,
.NET Compact Framework.
|"This MICR E13B Font Advantage Package enabled us to create a check writing
solution that is much cheaper than any off the shelf, and able to integrate with
current systems" - Eric Johnson, A.O. Smith WPC, Ashland City, TN
- OpenType OTF fonts with digital signatures and PostScript outlines are provided.
These are compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and other systems supporting
the OpenType format.
- PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied as PFB and PFA files
Mac specific versions.
- PCL LaserJet soft fonts at 300 and 600 DPI.
Included with the purchase of a Developer License:
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above, a full set of
Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display
the fonts in any web browser.
- IDAutomation MICR fonts enable embedding in
special PDF document applications such as Adobe Writer, Distiller, PDF Lib and
FOP TTF Reader. with the purcahse of a Developer License and above. This level of embedding also supports creation of OpenType and
TrueDoc fonts for web pages.
For bank checks in Mexico, France, Spain and most Spanish-speaking countries,
MICR CMC-7 fonts
should be used.
MICR Font Technical
IDAutomation provides a variety of methods for customers who need support for
the Bank Check Design and Printing Software:
Order the MICR E13B Font Advantage Package
All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the
Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased
when making the order.