Code 39 Barcode Font Package
Code 39 barcodes from a font in many applications.
- Over 30 font encoders, macros & plug-ins for easy integration, with examples
for FileMaker®, Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access and
SAP® Crystal Reports.
- The TrueType and OpenType fonts in the package are digitally signed for
security purposes and to help prevent forgery.
different Code 39 font versions for optimal compatibility with normal,
- PCL LaserJet soft fonts are also included in the package.
- Supports AIM USS Code 39, ANSI, EN800 and other specifications based on Code
39 including LOGMARS, LIC and HIBC.
- Includes a special set of TrueType fonts to
encode the space character
without a substitution character and
Extended Code 39 for encoding lower case letters.
- Compatible with 32 and 64-bit Windows®, Mac® OS, Unix, Linux and mobile
iOS, Android and
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above:
- Web Fonts
are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display barcodes in any web
- Two silent installation executables are provided with a source script to create custom installations.
- Additional font encoders are provided including C++, Java, Oracle and .NET.
Code 39 Barcode Font Features
Code 39 package contains 48 different Code 39 barcode fonts in several formats for
optimal compatibility. Purchase of this package also provides the rights to use
IDAutomation font encoder tools, macros and source code for integration into
- 2014 Update:
Added TrueType TTF fonts as OpenType with updated digital signatures, plus new fonts with Symbol Encoding
and improved space symbol support.
- Easy To Use: Code 39 barcodes may be generated from a
font encoder or a
calculated field to dynamically
produce multiple barcode symbols. To manually create a barcode that encodes the
data "BARCODE39", perform the following:
1. Enter * as the start character
2. Enter "BARCODE39" which is the data to be encoded
3. Enter * as the stop character
4. Select only *BARCODE39* and change the font for that text
- Lower-Case Fonts: A full set of
Extended Code 39 Fonts are included for encoding lower-case characters in
addition to upper-case characters and numbers.
"The Code 39 Barcode Font provided by IDAutomation enabled us to ship resources
quicker, with less errors and less human intervention. The process is largely
due to the 'scanable' Packing Slip ID merged to a MS Word document with the Code
39 Font for the ID Bar Code. Other processes we considered required programming
solutions prior to printing packing slips in order to achieve the checksum value
required. Using the Code 39 Font, no programming was required apart from setting
up the MS Word Template with the required MS Excel spreadsheet." - Al
Ebel, IS Manager, Focus on the Family
- Over 30 Font Encoders are included
to support checksum calculations in the Code39Mod43() function, such as for
HIBC, LIC and
Calculated Fields may be easily used with code 39 fonts in applications
that support this feature.
- Microsoft Word Compatibility: A Word mail-merge barcode example is
provided in the package.
- Space Character Support: The latest version of this font package offers several options to encode the space character:
- When using the standard fonts, substitute the "=" (equal) or "_" (underscore) character for the space
- Font Encoders may
be used to
perform automatic conversion within several supported applications and
Symbol Encoded Fonts
may be used to
encode the space character
without a substitution character; available in the latest version.
- Industry Standard Support: These Code 39 barcode fonts were developed
according to AIM, ANSI and European EN 800 standards.
- Flexibility: The parentheses () may also be used instead of "!" or
"*" as the start and stop code to eliminate the "*" from appearing in the human
readable version of the fonts.
- Symbol Encoded Fonts: The optional
symbol encoded fonts
in the package will usually show the font in its own name, making it easier to
select the desired font within an application.
- Advanced Font Design: These Code 39 fonts have been specially
designed to produce dependable barcodes of all sizes. The
IDAutomation Linear USB Scanner easily and dependably scans the Code 39
barcode when printed as small as 6 points.
|"We really like your Code 39 fonts. The ratio and spacing of the glyphs allows them to survive multiple generations of degradation (scanning or faxing) and still be recognizable by our commercial forms scanners. It was this degradation problem that started me on the search for a better font which resulted in selecting IDAutomation"
- LeRoy Tavares, American National Insurance Company, Galveston, Texas
- Low Resolution Printer Support: IDAutomation's Code 39 Barcode Fonts
are designed to
print precisely on 203 DPI thermal printers and 300 DPI printers
in addition to higher resolution printers.
- Multiple Font Formats Provided
- TTF fonts are supplied as digitally signed, OpenType fonts with TrueType
outlines. They are compatible with Mac OS-X and all versions of Microsoft
Windows®, including XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2012 and mobile
iOS, Android and
- TrueType fonts with symbol encoding are also provided which allow the font
name to be more visible in font drop down lists of end-user Windows
- The OTF fonts are digitally signed, OpenType fonts with PostScript outlines
compatible with Windows, Mac OS-X, Linux and other systems supporting the OpenType format.
- PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied in binary (PFB), ASCII Type 1 (PFA) and MacBinary
classic versions (MT1 and BMA).
- PCL LaserJet soft fonts are also included with this package in 8,
12, 16, 20 and 24 points.
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above,
Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display
barcodes in any web browser.
Code 39 Barcode Overview
is an easy-to-print barcode commonly used for various barcoding labels such
as name badges, inventory and industrial applications. The character set
consists of barcode symbols representing uppercase letters, numbers, the space
character and the following symbols: - . $ / + %.
Code 39 is the easiest of all alpha-numeric barcodes to use, and is designed for
character self-checking, eliminating the requirement for check character
Code 39 is used for several standards including:
|"For the first time, I was able to download a package that provided me with
all the requirements for my project, contained in one package. This font package
enables us to efficiently track the high throughput of our vaccine production."
- Burke Squires, Eliance Biotechnology, Dallas, Texas
(Logistics Applications of Automated Marking and Reading Symbols) is an
application of Code 39 used by the United States Department of Defense that
recommends a check character.
LOGMARS is defined by Military Standard MIL-STD-1189B and others such as
MIL-STD-129, MIL-STD-129N and MIL-STD-2073-1C. The variety of fonts provided
with the Code39 font package and IDAutomation's
Code39Mod43() function in IDAutomation's font encoder tools
allows for implementation of this standard.
- HIBC (Health Industry Barcode) should use Code 39 to label all health
care products. IDAutomation's 3 to 1 bar ratio in the Code 39 fonts and
IDAutomation's Code39Mod43() function in the
font encoder tools
allow for implementation of this standard also. Please refer to
for details on formatting this barcode.
For more information about Code 39, please visit to the
Code 39 Barcode FAQ.
Ordering Code 39 Barcode Fonts
orders include a complimentary 30-day Priority Support and Upgrade Subscription.
Support and upgrades may be provided beyond 30 days with the purchase of a
Priority Support and Upgrade Subscription that correlates with the original
License Summary: (Choose the appropriate link to obtain more
details about the license type)
allows one (1) developer royalty-free distribution up to 10,000 user licenses.
This license also includes additional tools and font encoders including:
- Additional font encoders and source code including C++, Java, Oracle and
- Web Fonts in WOFF, EOT and SVG
- Silent installation executable is included with source to create custom installations.
5 Developer License grants the rights of the Developer License for up to
five (5) developers and 20,000 user licenses.
Unlimited Developer License grants the rights of the Developer License for
an unlimited number of developers and an unlimited number of user licenses.
- Highly discounted
Company Developer Licenses grant the rights of the Developer License to
Site License allows unlimited use at a single site within a single
organization, but disallows rights for development or distribution.
Single User License allows use of the Software for one (1) user in your
organization. However, if the Software is used in connection with a high-speed
printer that prints over 55 pages per minute or a system (including all
hardware, printer and software) having a cost totaling over $50,000 USD or
equivalent in a foreign currency, a Developer License is required.
Multiple User Licenses are also available in various quantities.
Code 39 Barcode Font Package
Company Agreement must be completed prior to purchase.
IDAutomation.com offers secure, encrypted online ordering by credit card and
immediate delivery via download after the order is approved.
Other ordering options.
If assistance is needed, please