PocketPC DLL Overview
IDAutomation's Mobile Barcode PocketPC DLL products have been used
since 2004. They allow easy integration of dynamic barcodes into Pocket
PC, Microsoft Windows Mobile or Windows CE.NET applications. Several
linear and two-dimensional barcode symbologies are supported including
Code 39, Extended Code 39, Code 128, Telepen, Interleaved 2 of 5, LOGMARS,
Codabar, EAN-128, USS Code 128, UPC-A, UPC-E, MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code
11, Code 93, Industrial 2 of 5, POSTNET, PDF417 and Data Matrix ECC
Control & DLL
Re-distributable File Size
||Code 39, Extended Code 39, Code
128 (with character set selections Auto, A, B and C), UCC/EAN-128,
USS-128, Telepen, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, UPC-A, UPC-E,
MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 11, Code 93, Industrial 2 of 5, PLANET
|| < 150K
|PC PDF417 Version
||PDF417 with EC levels 1 to 8, text
and binary encoding.
|| < 100K
|Data Matrix Version
||Data Matrix with ECC200, ASCII,
text, C40 and Base256 encoding, Extended Channel Interpretation
and Structured append.
|| < 100K
IDAutomation's Compact Framework Controls Feature:
100% managed code is created in C# for the Compact Framework.
- Developer support - Developers intending to distribute
IDAutomation’s control with their applications will find all the
functionality of each barcode control is implemented in a single,
- Can be used as a DLL without being loaded on a form.
- Fit to barcode option allows the control canvas to fit
the barcode at design or at runtime.
- Flexible sizing options - The X dimension, wide to narrow
ratio, barcode height and several other properties may be adjusted
for the intended application and scanning equipment. Measurements
are in cm (centimeters) unless otherwise indicated.
- Graphic configuration - Settings are provided for the
foreground and background colors and fonts for the human readable
- Lower ASCII support - Lower ASCII functions such as returns
and tabs are supported in the barcodes for Extended Code 39, Code
128 Auto, Data Matrix and PDF417.
GS1-128 (UCC/EAN 128) Support - IDAutomation provides easy
methods to add all application identifiers into Code 128 barcodes
when the "Auto" character set is selected. The control formats the
correct human-readable text by placing the AI’s into parentheses
- Checksum options - Checksum characters can be enabled
or disabled in the barcode. In the human readable text, checksum
characters can be appended to the text. This feature can also be
turned off so the checksum character is not in the text but is encoded
in the barcode. This feature is not applicable to Code 128 because
Code 128 contains characters that cannot be entered from the keyboard.
- Text options - The human readable text may be enabled
or disabled in the linear barcode control and placed above or below
- Tilde functions for Code 128 Auto, PDF417 and Data Matrix
allow easy encoding of returns, tabs and other functions such as
GS and RS functions between fields in a single barcode
symbol. In Code 128 Auto, if "ApplyTilde" is set to "true," the
format ~ddd can be used to specify the ASCII code of the character
to be encoded. For example, Code~009Bar~013
will create a barcode that encodes Code<TAB>Bar<RETURN>.
- Selectable orientation angles of 0, 90, 180 or 270 are
- Thermal printer support - In addition to supporting high
resolution printers, this component prints extremely accurate barcodes
on low-resolution printers. This functionality is automatically
achieved in the component by drawing the symbol according to the
resolution of the printer.
- Royalty free - With the purchase of a
Developer License the control and
runtimes are royalty free up to 10,000 users with a few other limitations.
Agreement for more details about this license.
- C# source code can be supplied with a purchase of three
Developer Licenses or the Unlimited Developer License and a signed
code license agreement.
- Download a free evaluation version
- The only restriction in the evaluation version is the display
of the text "DEMO" in the barcode and a notification message.
Related Products & Links