Details of the MICR CMC-7 Font Package
is a special MICR font that is used in Italy, Mexico, France, Spain, Brazil and most
Spanish speaking countries to print characters for magnetic recognition and
optical character recognition systems. The MICR CMC-7 font contains ten
specially designed numeric characters 0 through 9, in addition to five special
Industry Standard Support:
These MICR CMC7 fonts were
created according to ISO (International Standards Organization) 1004:1995 (E) specifications
for MICR printing.
Multiple Versions Provided:
In addition to the normal CMC7 fonts in the
package, three narrow versions are provided to support printers that print
slightly darker than normal.
- The narrow versions have a font name ending in n?? where ?? is a two-digit number that represents the percentage the
vertical bars were decreased. For example, IDAutomationCMC7n10 is a font that is
narrow by 10%.
- Although these CMC-7 fonts are scalable, using a
12-point font size is preferred for printing. Choosing the 12 point font size
sets the CMC7 font height to 3.2 mm which is the standard for France and most
other countries. The CMC-7 font size can be adjusted accordingly to meet
Multiple Formats Provided:
When a license is purchased for this font
package, the following typefaces are
- Digitally Signed: The latest version of this package includes
embedded digital signatures within the TrueType and OpenType fonts.
- TrueType fonts are supplied as digitally signed, OpenType with
TrueType outlines. They are compatible with Mac OS-X and all versions of
Microsoft Windows®, including XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2012 and mobile
devices including iOS,
.NET Compact Framework.
- Symbol Encoded TrueType fonts are also provided, which allow the font
name to be more visible in font drop down lists of end-user Windows
- OpenType OTF fonts with digital signatures and PostScript outlines are provided.
These are compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac OS-X and other systems supporting
the OpenType format.
- PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied in binary, ASCII and
- Also included in this package are PCL LaserJet soft fonts in
300 and 600 dpi versions.
Included with the purchase of a Developer License:
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above,
Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display
barcodes in any web browser.
- IDAutomation's MICR CMC7 font enables embedding in
special PDF document applications such as Adobe Writer, Distiller, PDF Lib and
FOP TTF Reader, with the purchase of a Developer License and above. This level of embedding also supports creation of OpenType and
TrueDoc fonts for web pages.