MICR CMC-7 Font Advantage Package
MICR CMC-7 as a font from many different applications.
- TrueType, OpenType, PostScript and PCL font versions are included
in a variety of sizes.
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows®, Pocket PC, Macintosh, UNIX,
Linux and others.
- The MICR CMC7 font was created according to ISO 1004:1995 (E) specifications.
Implementing barcode solutions with IDAutomation
fonts provides a high level of scalability with operating system, application
and printer independence. IDAutomation's flexible distribution license
makes it easy to create custom MICR CMC-7 check printing or check drafting
Learn more about the quality of IDAutomation fonts.
If check writing software is
needed for the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama or UK the MICR E13B is required.
MICR CMC-7 Font Features
CMC-7 is a special MICR font that is used in Mexico, France, Spain,
Brazil and most Spanish speaking countries to print characters for magnetic
recognition and optical character recognition systems. The MICR CMC-7
font contains ten specially designed numeric characters 0 through 9,
in addition to five special symbols.
Technical Support |
Download Demo |
Details of the MICR CMC-7 Font
Advantage Package are as follows:
- Created Directly From ISO Specifications: These MICR
CMC7 fonts were created according to ISO (International Standards
Organization) specifications for MICR printing.
- Ease-of-Use: Although these CMC-7 fonts are scalable,
using a 12-point font size is preferred for printing. Choosing the
12 point font size sets the CMC7 font height to 3.2 mm which is
the standard for France and most other countries. The CMC-7 font
size can be adjusted accordingly to meet additional requirements.
- Embedding Support: IDAutomation's MICR CMC7 font enables
embedding in special PDF document applications such as Adobe Writer,
Distiller, PDF Lib and FOP TTF Reader. This level of embedding also
supports creation of OpenType and TrueDoc fonts for web pages.
- Different Versions: In addition to the normal MICR CMC7
font in the package, three narrow versions are provided to support
printers that print slightly darker than normal. The narrow version
fonts have a font name ending in n?? where ?? is a
two-digit number that represents the percentage the vertical bars
were decreased. For example, IDAutomationCMC7n10 is a font that
is narrow by 10%.
- Multiple Formats: With the purchase of the CMC7 font
package, all versions will be included in a single ZIP file. The
following fonts are included:
- TrueType CMC 7 fonts are supplied in PC and Macintosh
format. The TrueType or TTF fonts are compatible with Macintosh
OS X and all versions of Microsoft Windows, including
Pocket PC. Macintosh formatted MTT TrueType fonts are compatible
with Macintosh System 7.1 and above.
- OpenType OTF CMC 7 fonts with PostScript outlines
are provided. These are compatible with Windows, Macintosh OS
X and other systems supporting the OpenType format.
- PostScript Type 1 CMC 7 fonts are supplied in binary,
ASCII and Macintosh Classic Mac-Binary versions.
- Also included in this package are 300 and 600 DPI PCL CMC
- The Developer License grants the right to convert IDAutomation's
MICR CMC7 fonts to other formats as necessary including TrueDoc
Although some banks now use OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to
read the MICR font line on checks, IDAutomation recommends using
with MICR CMC-7 fonts.