All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
This package includes a single precise MICR E-13B font that is designed to typically avoid the need to calibrate the font to the printer; however, 24 additional MICR fonts at various widths and intensities and calibration software for printers that are out of alignment are supplied.
- Generate MICR E13B characters for bank check printing in the United States, Canada, and other countries.
- Includes easy to use Bank Check Design Software and IDAutomation Security Fonts for printing secure names and currency amounts.
- In use since 1998, created from strict ANSI and ISO specifications, and meets ABA banking standards.
- Advanced, precise MICR design may eliminate the need to calibrate fonts to the printer.
- Digitally Signed TrueType and OpenType fonts are provided for security purposes. The package also includes PostScript and PCL fonts.
- Used in many applications including Oracle eBusiness Suite, Peachtree, and Quickbooks.
- Includes 24 additional MICR fonts at various widths and intensities with calibration software for printers that are out of alignment.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux, and other operating systems.
- The following are included with a purchase of the Developer License or above:
- Web Fonts in WOFF, EOT, and SVG formats to easily display the fonts in any web browser.
- Silent installation executables with source scripts to create custom installations.
NOTE: Because the MICR E13-B Fonts are a high fraud item, all orders are subject to a manual approval process, which may delay the accessibility of the download link for this software.
- The download link will be activated after verification.
- Refer to Section 1 of the License Agreement to determine the correct license needed and the chart below to see what is included with each license.
- All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
- Purchase risk-free; this product is provided with a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.
- Receive a 30% discount on Developer Licenses when you submit a Small Company Agreement. To qualify, your organization must have a gross annual revenue or funding of less than $2 Million USD.
MICR E13B Font Overview and Features
MICR E13B is a special font that is used on bank checks and drafts in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama, UK, and other countries to print E13B characters for magnetic recognition and optical character recognition systems. This MICR font contains 10 specially-designed numeric characters 0 through 9, and four special symbols: transit, amount, on-us, and dash.
Industry Standard Support:
"IDAutomation's Check Design Software has more versatility than other software. It is very intuitive, and the possibilities are infinite. The logic in the program is organized and straight forward. This is by far the easiest application to get up and running on the market. Couple that with the power of the program and it beats competition priced 5 or 10 times higher."
- Ted Sapperstein, Dee Michaels Inc.
- ANSI and ISO Compliant:
- IDAutomation's MICR E13B fonts were created according to ISO 1004:1995 and meet the ANSI X9.27-1995 specification for MICR E13B characters.
- Because they were created from the ISO spec, the fonts meet the
E13B specification for other countries as well. Examples include:
- Australian APCA Pub 3.3
- Canadian Payments Association Standard 006 Specification for MICR-Encoded Cheques.
- These fonts have been proven to pass the ABA banking standards in the USA for bank checks and paper-based drafts.
- IDAutomation MICR fonts have also been tested on several MICR readers and sorters including the UNISYS DP500 and the IBM 3890.
- MICR Print Specifications: These specifications are a summary of the placement requirements obtained from the ABA (American Banker's Association).
Multiple Versions Provided:
The IDAutomationMICR font was created to precisely match each of the printer's pixels when printing at 300 dpi or multiples of 300 dpi above. This MICR font eliminates the need to calibrate the font to the printer or to use different fonts on different printers unless the printer is out of alignment. For printers that are out of alignment, additional fonts are provided with a calibration tool.
- 24 Additional Fonts: Additional MICR fonts are provided for printers that are out of alignment.
The following fonts are provided in the package; all font names begin with IDAutomationMICR.
Intensity Narrow 2 Narrow 1 Standard Width Wide 1 Wide 2 Extra Light N2XL N1XL XL W1XL W2XL Light N2L N1L L W1L W2L Normal N2 N1 IDAutomationMICR W1 W2 Bold N2B N1B B W1B W2B Extra Bold N2XB N1XB XB W1XB W2XB * Differences in intensities and widths may be noticed only on printers with 600 dpi or greater resolution.
** Fonts named MICR and E13B are the same as IDAutomationMICR and support applications that require these specific names.
- Security Fonts: Security fonts allow a safer method of printing names and currency amounts to reduce the risk of bank check forgery.
"This MICR E13B Font Advantage Package enabled us to create a check writing solution that is much cheaper than any off the shelf, and able to integrate with current systems"
Bank Check Design and Printing Software:
The 2015 version of the Bank Check Design and Printing Software adds .NET Framework 2.0 native compatibility, Windows 8 and 10 compatibility and includes performance enhancements to the printing, drawing and viewing processes.
The software supports importing of signature and logo images, secure number amounts and has many other powerful features such as VB scripting and database connectivity to CSV files, Excel, Access, Oracle and SQL Server.
- Accounting Software Compatibility: Some accounting packages such as Peachtree 8 or greater allows IDAutomation MICR fonts to be used on custom check forms. If an accounting application has this capability, MICR fonts can save money on check printing by helping to streamline the process.
- Visual Basic Source: The Visual Basic source code included with the MICR Font package has been extracted from a working check printing application and should provide insight into automated methods of printing bank checks with IDAutomation MICR E13B fonts.
Multiple Formats Provided:
When a license is purchased for this font package, the following typefaces are included:
- Digitally Signed: The latest version of this package includes embedded digital signatures within the TrueType and OpenType fonts.
- TrueType fonts are supplied as digitally signed, OpenType with TrueType TTF outlines. They are compatible with Mac OS X and all versions of Microsoft Windows®, including XP, Windows 7, 8 & 10, Server 2012 and mobile devices including iOS, Android and .NET Compact Framework.
- OpenType OTF fonts with digital signatures and PostScript outlines are provided. These are compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and other systems supporting the OpenType format.
- PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied as PFB and PFA files including Mac-specific versions.
- PCL LaserJet soft fonts at 300 and 600 DPI.
Included with the purchase of a Developer License:
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above, a full set of Web Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display the fonts in any web browser.
- IDAutomation MICR fonts enable embedding in special PDF document applications such as Adobe Writer, Distiller, PDF Lib and FOP TTF Reader with the purchase of a Developer License and above. This level of embedding also supports the creation of OpenType and TrueDoc fonts for web pages.
For bank checks in Mexico, France, Spain, and most Spanish-speaking countries, MICR CMC-7 fonts should be used.
IDAutomation provides a variety of methods for customers who need support for the Bank Check Design and Printing Software: