Downloaded Font Installation Procedures
- Extract the fonts from the downloaded zip file. Refer to the font specifications in the User Manual to determine which font to install.
- Install the font into the OS; refer to the examples below.
- Implement a Font Encoder in the desired application.
Windows 7 and above:
Open the font that you want to install. You should see a font dialog with a font preview. This area may contain symbols instead of characters that are used to generate barcodes. Choose Install. You may also right-click on the font file and choose Install.
Mac OS X 10.3 and above:
Open the font file and choose
the "Install font" button at the bottom of the font preview.
Other Operating Systems:
Additional Font Installation Procedures:
- Windows TrueType Font Installation
- Windows PostScript Font Installation
- How to Extract Zip Files in Windows
- Distributing Barcode Fonts with a Custom Windows Application
- Mac Barcode Font Installation Procedures Prior to OSX
- Installing Fonts on UNIX for Oracle Reports
- UNIX and LINUX Font Installation Examples
- IDAutomation Fonts in AFP, Xerox FNT or Metacode Formats
- BeOS TrueType Font Installation
- Installing PCL Fonts on any OS
- Pocket PC
- Distributing Fonts or Other Components with Custom Applications
- Distributing fonts with a custom application - how to
IDAutomation can assist with font installation on Windows and Mac systems. Assistance for font installation on other operating systems is limited. In some products, such as the .NET Standard Font Encoder, examples are provided in the product download.