Java Barcode Overview
IDAutomation's Java barcode packages are provided in convenient JAR
files. Each symbology type is combined into a single JAR file with the
Applet, Servlet, Class Library and GIF Encoder included. Additionally,
source code is provided for the applets, graphic encoders and servlets
in each package.
is the only bar code software we could find that works reliably
as a Java applet. Using the bar code Java applet in our
web system eliminated the need for data entry."
- Rich Paladino, Enzo Clinical Labs, Inc., Paramus, NJ
The JavaBeans, Applets, Servlets and Class Libraries
in this package may be used on any platform with a Java Virtual Machine,
including Windows®, Linux, Mac OS, Unix, Solaris, HP/UX, AS/400 and OS/390
to integrate automated bar coding into internet applications, websites
or custom Java applications.
||Code 39, Extended Code 39, Code
128, Code 128 auto, AI detection for GS1-128, Interleaved
2 of 5, Codabar, UPC-A, UPC-E, MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 11,
Code 93, Industrial 2 of 5, USPS Intelligent
Mail IMb, Postnet & Planet.
||GS1 DataBar, Stacked, Truncated,
Stacked Omni-directional, Limited, Expanded, Expanded Stacked
Omni-directional, Composite components, PDF417, MicroPDF417,
UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-13, EAN-8, GS1-128 and Code 128. Composite
components are provided with all linear symbologies.
||Aztec matrix generation with automatic
mode selection and GS1 compatibility. AIM Specification ANSI/AIM
BC13 ISS Aztec Code.
||Data Matrix with ECC200, ASCII,
text, C40 and Base256 encoding, Includes support for
US DOD UID and macro codeword 236 and 237
ISO/IEC 15434 formats.
||MaxiCode with structured append,
UPS encoding and mode 2-6 support.
||PDF417 with EC levels 1 to 8, text
and binary encoding.
||QRCode with support for Byte, Numeric,
and Alpha-numeric encoding modes. Automatic Version selection.
The following features of IDAutomation's Barcode Java components
allow for easy integration into business applications:
- Royalty free with the purchase of a
- Applets are provided for easy integration of barcodes
- JavaBean support conforming to the JavaBean specification
allows easy integration and customization in a developmental environment.
|"In searching for a solution,
we found the competition's products harder to implement.
We use IDAutomation's product to convert customer information
into scannable applets for importing into Quickbooks.
It's been easy to use and has saved us tremendous time
in processing." - William, TigerNet Technologies
- Servlets are included for server-side Java barcode image
generation and are easy to
embed in dynamic HTML as an image with the <IMG> tag and support
- Class libraries are provided for integration into Java
- High quality images with
GIF and JPEG support are generated that do not contain distortion.
- Java container support is provided by the barcode classes,
which are descendant of Java.awt.Canvas.
- Automatic check digit calculations may be enabled or
disabled for many linear symbologies.
- Auto Sizing options automatically size the images for
- JDK 1.1 and above is supported. However, JDK 1.2 or greater
is required for the servlet to generate JPEG files and JDK 1.3 is
required to use MaxiCode in an application.
- Headless Java compatibility allows images to be generated
without a graphic environment in JDK 1.4 and above.
- Integration with Oracle Reports may be
implemented using IDAutomation's Java class files.
- Code 128 auto encoding is provided for Code 128 in the
linear package and supports UCC/EAN-128 barcodes including automatic
- Orientation may be set to 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees.
- Flexible sizing options allow changes to the X dimension,
wide to narrow ratio, barcode height, margins and the white space
between the bars in the bar code.
|"We found the Java Package to be an easy
integration into Oracle Reports and Oracle Forms, making
a much easier implementation for barcodes." - Silvio
Haueter, Vialis GmbH, Switzerland
- Text options allow the human-readable characters to be
enabled or disabled. The human-readable interpretation is often
disabled to allow placement of custom text formatting for specific
- Graphic configuration options include settings of the
foreground and background colors and fonts for human-readable characters.
- Supplements are supported for 2 and 5 digit EAN and UPC
- Supports UPS barcodes including
- USPS Intelligent Mail is supported as well as POSTNET,
PLANET and EAN128.
- Bearer bars may be easily created for ITF and all other
linear barcode types.
- White bar increase option increases the amount of white
space in the symbol to improve readability in the linear version.
- Character grouping property places digits in groups
of 3, 4 or 5 to improve readability of the text below the barcode.
- Source code is provided for all applets, graphic encoders
and servlets in the packages. The source code for the barcode generation
classes should not be needed; however, they may be supplied with
the purchase of the Unlimited Developer
License and a signed
Code License Agreement.
- A hosted version is now available to allow barcodes to
be generated without installing any software. IDAutomation's
Barcode Generation Service is a fault tolerant, hosted product
that performs the same functions of the Java servlet. Barcodes are
instantly generated and may be displayed in HTML with the IMG tag;
parameters in the URL determine what is encoded. Try the
online demo or review the