IDAutomation’s hosted barcode generator service dynamically creates high-quality GIF, JPEG or 1 bit BMP images that are streamed directly to an application.
- Easily stream barcodes into webpages and applications simply by referencing a URL.
- No software to install; hosted and managed by IDAutomation.
- 99.98% uptime guarantee - high-performance and fault-tolerant with multiple servers in different geographic locations. (System Status)
- A performance test shows an average response time of 33 ms for 2000 clients requesting barcodes during business hours.
- Creates barcodes in any application that can access a URL, including Cognos, SharePoint, Crystal Reports, FileMaker and mobile apps.
- On-Demand barcodes are instantly generated and may be displayed in HTML with the IMG tag; parameters in the URL determine what is encoded.
- Compatible with all web browsers that can display GIF or JPEG images on any operating system.
- SSL encryption included with all orders.
- Supports several barcode types including Code 128, GS1-128, ITF, Code 3 of 9, GS1-Databar, Postnet, PDF417, Aztec, Data Matrix, GS1-DataMatrix, MaxiCode, QR-Code, USPS Intelligent Mail IMb, UPC and EAN.
One (1) and Five (5) year SaaS subscriptions are available for this hosted product. To purchase a perpetual license for similar barcode generation software, investigate IDAutomation's Java Barcode Servlet, Streaming Barcode Server for IIS and the ASP .NET Barcode Server Control.
Dynamic Generator Overview
The Barcode Generation SaaS is an online fault-tolerant service that is hosted and managed by IDAutomation. It dynamically creates high-quality images that are streamed to an application. This service can easily create barcodes on-demand in any program that can access a URL in any operating system. Implementation in HTML is as easy as using the IMG tag. This service may also be used as a backup version of IDAutomation's streaming barcode products, including the Java Barcode Servlet or Streaming Barcode Server for IIS.
Primary Features Include:
- Easily create online barcode image files including JPEG, GIF and 1bpp BMP.
- Supports SSL encryption simply by changing http to https in the request.
- May be used in multiple applications and development environments including iOS, Windows and Android apps.
- Hosted and managed by IDAutomation with automated failover and built-in redundancy with a 99.98% uptime guarantee. (System Status)
- Low latency and performance are achieved by powerful servers in multiple locations. The entire latency, even during peak times of the day, to send a request and retrieve a barcode image is usually less than 100 ms. A performance test performed in 2017 shows an average response time of 33 ms for 2000 clients requesting barcodes during business hours.
- All linear barcode types are implemented in a single package.
- Flexible sizing property options may be adjusted from their default values, such as the X dimension, wide to narrow ratio and barcode height.
- Selectable orientation angles of 0, 90, 180 or 270 are supported.
- One (1) and Five (5) year SaaS subscriptions are available.
|Intended Implementer||Report designers, web designers, software developers including iOS, Windows and Android app developers. Users of applications listed in the Dynamic Streaming Barcode Tutorials.|
|Linear (1D) Symbology Compatibility||Code 39, Extended Code 39, Code 128 (with character sets A, B and C), GS1-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, UPC-A, UPC-E, MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 11, Code 93, Industrial 2 of 5, ITF, USPS Intelligent Mail IMb, Planet and Postnet.|
|GS1 DataBar Compatibility||ITS (International Technical Standard) GS1 DataBar Specification. GS1 DataBar, Stacked, Truncated, Stacked Omni-directional, Limited, Expanded, Expanded Stacked Omni-directional, Composite Components, PDF417, MicroPDF417, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-13, EAN-8, GS1-128 and Code 128.|
|Aztec Compatibility||Aztec matrix generation with automatic mode selection and GS1 compatibility. AIM Specification ANSI/AIM BC13 ISS Aztec Code.|
|Data Matrix Compatibility||Data Matrix with ECC200 error correction. Encoding modes of GS1-DataMatrix, Text, ASCII, C40 and Base256 (byte) encoding are supported. AIM Specification ISS Data Matrix.|
|MaxiCode Compatibility||MaxiCode with support for modes 2-6. AIM Specification ISS MaxiCode.|
|PDF417 Compatibility||PDF417 with text and base256 (byte) encoding. AIM Specification USS PDF417.|
|QR-Code Compatibility||QR Code 2005 and ISO/IEC 18004:2006 with byte, text and numeric encoding.|