Code 11 Barcode Fonts
- Generate High-Density Code 11 barcodes from fonts in a variety of programs.
- Contains 4 different Code 11 barcode font versions in a variety of different
- Compatible with Microsoft® Windows®, Macintosh, Unix, Linux and others.
- TrueType, OpenType, PCL LaserJet soft fonts and PostScript font versions are
- All Code 11 Fonts require special formatting so that the data, when the
barcode font is applied, will be scannable. Over 30
royalty free font tools,
macros and plug-ins are provided to complete this automatically.
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above,
Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display
barcodes in any web browser.
Code 11 Barcode Information
Code 11 barcode is a high-density numeric barcode that requires a
checksum to be calculated, and can sometimes be difficult to apply for
non-programmers. For those who may want an easier-to-use numeric barcode,
consider the IDAutomation
Codabar Barcode Font, which does not require checksums to be calculated.
- The symbology of the Code 11 barcode character set consists of symbols
representing the numbers 0-9, a dash symbol, the start character and the stop
character. In the code11 barcode font, the parentheses are used as start and
Code 11 Features
Code 11 barcode fonts are scalable and should be printed at the correct font
size to suit the application and barcode scanner. The Code 11 barcode font was
designed to be printed at a minimum font size of 12 points; however, it can
print smaller point sizes if the printer and barcode scanner support it. Four
versions of the Code 11 barcode fonts are provided to support different
height/width requirements. For more information, refer to the
Code 11 Barcode Specifications.
- The following is sample code for Visual Basic 6 that selects the Code 11
barcode font and size.
Printer.FontName = "IDAutomationC11S"
Printer.FontSize = 12
- TrueType fonts are supplied in PC and Mac format. The TrueType TTF
fonts are compatible with Mac OSX and all versions of Microsoft Windows,
- The Developer License grants the right to convert IDAutomation Code 11 fonts
to other formats as necessary including TrueDoc and OpenType.
- Also included are two PostScript versions of the Code 11 barcode fonts.
Binary and ASCII versions of PostScript are also provided.
Font Tools &
To help users integrate Code 11 barcodes into applications, IDAutomation
provides Code 11 checksum calculations in the following font tools:
In this example, the data to be encoded is "21435" with one check digit,
which is a modulo 11 checksum.
- Determine the weights of the numbers to be encoded, starting from the right
side of the number and working to the left. Then, multiply the number of the
barcode by the weighting and add these together as in the example:
|Data to encode:
|| 2 1 4 3 5
|| 5 4 3 2 1
||10 4 12 6 5
|Then add them:
||10 + 4 + 12 + 6 + 5 = 37
- Next divide the total by 11 to get the remainder, which is 37/11 = 3
remainder 4. That remainder is the check character.
- To generate a Code 11 barcode encoding the data 21435 that can be scanned,
enter (214354), highlight the data and select the appropriate Code 11 font to
turn it into a readable barcode.
Ordering Code 11 Barcode Fonts
orders include a complimentary 30-day Priority Support and Upgrade Subscription.
Support and upgrades may be provided beyond 30 days with the purchase of a
Priority Support and Upgrade Subscription that correlates with the original