ActiveX COM DLL Font Encoder
This ActiveX COM DLL Barcode Font Encoder is a Unicode-compatible font encoder tool that formats text for IDAutomation barcode fonts in Microsoft ActiveX or COM-compliant applications. This tool supports linear barcode fonts, postal barcode fonts and the Universal Barcode Font. This product can be used with a license purchase of any IDAutomation barcode font package.
- Download the ActiveX COM DLL
- Overview of the ActiveX COM DLL
- How to Use the ActiveX COM DLL
- Available ActiveX Barcode Functions
- Product Support and Troubleshooting
This global multi-use DLL supports Microsoft's Component Object Model (COM) and ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) 2.0. Because the DLL is Global Multi-Use, methods of the class (barcode functions) can be invoked as though they are global functions. It is not necessary to explicitly create an instance of the class first, because one will automatically be created.
The IDAutomation ActiveX Barcode COM DLL Font Encoder is free to use and distribute with the purchase of any IDAutomation barcode font; however, redistribution of IDAutomation fonts and components requires a Developer License.
IDAutomation also provides a Native Windows Barcode DLL font encoder that does not use ActiveX or COM.
Register the DLL by running the InstallFontEncoderDLL.exe file. To register the ActiveX DLL manually, make sure the VB 6.0 runtime files are installed on the destination machine and copy the DLL to the %Windows%\System directory. Then, register the DLL by going to the %Windows%\System directory from the command prompt and entering REGSVR32 "IDAutomationFontEncoder.dll" as the command.
After the DLL is registered, it may be referenced from within the application. Refer to the specific application documentation for instructions on how to do this. In Visual Basic 6.0 choose Project - References and select the IDAutomationDLL. Then reference the class and function as in the following example:
'Get input from user
StringToEncode = InputString.Text
'Format the Output by calling the "IDAutomationDLL.Postnet()" function
Output = IDAutomationDLL.Code128(StringToEncode)
'Show the Printable Barcode String PrintableBarcodeString.Text = Output
A simple Visual Basic project example is included with the DLL file download package.
The barcode functions listed below are available in IDAutomation's DLL and are valid only when used with the appropriate font listed in the "font to use" column. Functions beginning with IDAutomation_Uni_ should only be used with IDAutomation's Universal Barcode Fonts. Barcode function part descriptions are available for definition.
ActiveX DLL: IDAutomationFontEncoder.dll
DLL Reference Name: IDAutomationDLL
Universal Font Class: UniversalEncoder(Used with Universal Barcode Fonts only)
- ApplyTilde: If this option is set to True, characters following the tilde may be used to perform additional calculations or encode ASCII characters directly.
- ApplyTilde Barcode Option Specifications
- DataToEncode: The string value that represents the data being encoded.
- N_Dimension: Determines the width of the wide bars, which is a multiple of the X dimension. Valid values are 2, 2.5 and 3. The default is 2. The X dimension is determined by the font point size.
- IncludeCheckDigit: A Boolean value that determines whether a check-digit should be automatically calculated and included for the DataToEncode.
- ReturnType Property Specifications
- C128 ReturnType Specifications
- SpliceText and SpacingNumber
- Universal Barcode Font Specifications
Pre-sales and existing customer support is available by contacting IDAutomation and additional technical support may be attained with the purchase of the one year Priority Support and Upgrade Subscription.
PDF417 and DataMatrix functions will not work unless the appropriate 2D font package is installed.
- Refer to the PDF417 Font and Encoder User Manual for more about the PDF417 barcode DLL.
- Refer to the Data Matrix Font and Encoder User Manual for more about the Data Matrix barcode DLL.
Related IDAutomation Products