Generate high-quality 2D barcodes, including Aztec, Data Matrix, PDF417 and QR-Code barcodes from a single font on Mac OSX, Windows and more with the IDAutomation 2D Universal Barcode Font Advantage Package (TM).
- This barcode font software package that includes TrueType, PostScript, OpenType or PCL versions and supports multiple operating systems and locales including Double Byte versions of Windows such as those used in China and Japan as well as other Asian locale settings.
- Also included in this package in the Maxicode Font Package that uses a proprietary font in place of the 2D Universal Font.
- The package includes a Visual Basic code, Windows DLLs, FileMaker Pro Plugin and Crystal Reports UFL with examples for Excel, Word, Access, FileMaker Pro and Crystal Reports.
- Includes a specially designed font to work in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to create QR Code, Data Matrix and PDF417 barcodes on Windows and Mac OSX.
- A full set of Web Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display barcodes in any web browser, with a purchase of the Developer License or above.
- Refer to Section 1 of the License Agreement to determine the correct license needed and the chart below to see what is included with each license.
- All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
- Refer to the Universal Barcode Font User Manual for tutorials and implementation suggestions.
- Purchase risk-free; this product is provided with a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.
- An evaluation version is also available by download for testing purposes. The evaluation version must be removed before installing the purchased version.
- The applicable Small or Mid-Size Company Agreement must be completed first in order to receive the discount code.
The IDAutomation Universal 2D Barcode Font is a single font that generates two-dimensional barcodes from Aztec, DataMatrix, PDF417 and QR-Code font and graphic encoders. TrueType, OpenType, PostScript and PCL LaserJet soft fonts are provided in the download package.
How To Use the Universal 2D Barcode Font
- Download and install the Universal 2D font and font encoder of choice listed below. These encoders are required to format data into a text string that will generate a 2D symbol with the IDAutomation2D font. Implementation instructions and examples are provided in the User Manual of the corresponding Font and Encoder product.
- Assign the IDAutomation2D font for the newly encoded text string to generate the barcode.
|2D Font Individual Encoders||Download Demo Version||Online User Manual||Buy License|
|Aztec Encoder||Download Demo||User Manual||Buy Aztec|
|Data Matrix Encoder||Download Demo||User Manual||Buy DataMatrix|
|MaxiCode Encoder *||Download Demo||User Manual||Buy Maxicode|
|PDF417 Encoder||Download Demo||User Manual||Buy PDF417|
|QR-Code Encoder||Download Demo||User Manual||Buy QR-Code|
* This single, Universal 2D font generates Aztec, Data Matrix, PDF417 and QR-Code barcodes. MaxiCode is created with a proprietary font included in the purchased version of the 2D Font Package.
Several font versions and combinations are provided in the package:
- IDAutomation2D is the standard 2D font that should be used in most implementations. The PDF417 N dimension of this font is set to 3.
- IDAutomation2D S is a smaller version with a ratio and spacing of the glyphs designed to withstand multiple generations of degradation, such as scanning, reprinting, faxing and when scanned from a phone or mobile device. The smaller version also prints precisely to low resolution 203 and 300 dpi printers.
- IDAutomation2D XLS is a TrueType only version for use in Excel. This is the only font that will work properly in Excel. The X dimension of this font is slightly larger than IDAutomation2D.
- IDAutomation2D XS is an extra small version designed to only be used when the point size cannot be easily lowered to the desired size. This font is 50% smaller than IDAutomation2D S.
- IDAutomation2D N5 fonts in the "PDF417 N=5" folder have the N dimension of PDF417 set to 5.
- PDF417 Dimensions: When using PDF417 the X dimension of the IDAutomation2D font is 1/2 of what is listed in the X Dimension Chart below, which is about 12 MILS when printed at 8 points. The X dimension of the IDAutomation2D N5 font is about 1/4 of what is listed in the X Dimension Chart below, which is about .010" or 10 MILS when printed at 12 points.
X Dimension Chart (Actual results may vary depending on the printer used)
|IDAutomation 2D (Point Size)||2D Matrix X Dimension|
|14||.122 CM||48 MILS|
|12||.105 CM||41 MILS|
|10||.086 CM||33 MILS|
|8||.061 CM||24 MILS|
|6||.052 CM||20 MILS|
|4||.031 CM||13 MILS|
|3||.026 CM||10 MILS|
|2||.017 CM||6 MILS|
|IDAutomation 2D S (Point Size)||2D Matrix X Dimension|
|14||.058 CM||23 MILS|
|12||.051 CM||20 MILS|
|10||.043 CM||17 MILS|
|8||.033 CM||13 MILS|
|6||.025 CM||10 MILS|
|4||.018 CM||7 MILS|
|3||.013 CM||5 MILS|
|2||.009 CM||3 mil|
When using a printer with less than 600 DPI, use the "IDAutomation2D S" font at the following point sizes to create accurate symbols:
|203 DPI Printer (thermal printer)||300 DPI Printer|
|3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18||2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18|
Barcoding with Universal 2D Barcode Fonts: