Overview & Features for ActiveX Control
IDAutomation ActiveX Barcode Control is an easy-to-use graphic object
that creates barcodes as images without the use of bitmaps or special
fonts. In addition, this ActiveX barcode component automatically formats
barcodes to include all start and stop characters as well as
checksum calculations where required. Several linear and two-dimensional
barcode types are supported including Code 39, Extended Code 39, USS
Code 128, GS1-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, LOGMARS, Codabar, EAN-128, UPC-A,
UPC-E, MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 11, Code 93, Industrial 2 of 5, USPS
Intelligent Mail, Postnet, Planet, OneCode, PDF417, Data Matrix ECC
200 and MaxiCode.
All similar barcode symbologies are combined into single, small,
fully-functional, redistributable files which do not require any license keys or
activation. The controls are easy-to-use with Microsoft Access, Excel, InfoPath,
FrontPage, Expression Web, Visual Basic 6, C++ and in .NET
Framework. However, IDAutomation recommends using the
.NET Forms Control
for local .NET applications or the
ASP.NET Web Server
Control for .NET web applications.
Compatibility and Requirements
||Any application that supports COM or ActiveX components
||Microsoft Windows 95 or greater
including Windows 7 & 8.
|Minimum System Requirements
||500 MHZ Processor, 128MB RAM, 5
MB available hard drive space.
||End users, report designers and
|Linear Barcodes Supported
||Code 39, Extended Code 39, Code
128 (with character sets A, B and C), GS1-128 (aka:
UCC/EAN-128), USS-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar,
NW7, UPC-A, UPC-E, MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 11,
Code 93, Industrial 2 of 5, ITF, USPS Intelligent
Mail IMb, Planet, OneCode and Postnet.
||Aztec matrix generation with automatic mode
selection and GS1 compatibility. AIM Specification
ANSI/AIM BC13 ISS Aztec Code & ISO/IEC FDIS 24778.
|Data Matrix Compatibility
||Data Matrix with ECC200 error correction.
Encoding modes of Text, ASCII, C40 and Base256 (byte)
encoding are supported. AIM Specification ISS Data
Matrix & ISO/IEC 16022
encodes up to 860 characters.
||MaxiCode with support for modes
2-6. AIM Specification ISS MaxiCode.
||PDF417 with text and base256 (byte)
encoding. AIM Specification USS
PDF417 encodes up
to 860 characters.
||QRCode with support for Byte, Numeric, and Alpha-numeric
encoding modes, and automatic Version selection.
- Royalty-Free with the purchase of a
|"IDAutomation made the process of transitioning our business to barcoding
quick, easy and cost effective. The information provided on their website was
incredibly helpful in helping us determine our particular business requirements.
Thanks, IDAutomation" - Richard Wells, HilltopOrchids.com, Inc. Lake Bluff, IL
- Barcode Image Generator included that may be used to
paste barcodes into other applications or save them to a WMF file.
The VB source code is provided to the image generator application
for developers to customize.
- Supports Several Applications including Microsoft Access,
mail-merge, Visual C++, Visual Basic and Visual FoxPro.
- Works as a DLL and does not have to be loaded on the form.
- May be Used in .NET as a COM object. For more information,
refer to the tutorials about implementation with either
- Thermal Printer Support is achieved by printing extremely accurate
barcodes, even on low-resolution printers.
- Data Binding API binds to popular relational database
systems. Refer to the DataSource, DataBindings, and DataField properties
to configure and bind the object to a field in a database.
- USPS Intelligent Mail IMb is supported as well as Postnet, Planet and
- High Performance, Compact Size and no Runtime Requirements: This ActiveX
Barcode Control were created in Visual C++
using ATL without any runtime requirements. The file sizes are very
small which makes them easy to distribute, and they use less CPU
cycles than other controls.
- Flexible Sizing Options allow changes to the X dimension,
wide to narrow ratio, barcode height, margins and the white space
between the bars in the barcode.
- Text Options allow human-readable characters to be enabled or
disabled. Human-readable interpretation is often
disabled to allow placement of custom text formatting for specific
|"We integrated the ActiveX Control in
our shipping application for our clients. It's working
well for us because it's easy to use and very stable."
- JD, Western Technology (custom programming services)
- Lower ASCII Support is provided for functions such as
returns and tabs in Code 39, Code 128, Data Matrix, MaxiCode and
- Complete GS1-128 (UCC/EAN 128) Support is integrated
into the component.
- Checksum Options may be enabled or disabled for applicable
- Orientation may be set to 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees.
- Tilde Functions allow encoding of returns, tabs and other
functions such as GS and RS functions between fields
in a single barcode. GS and RS functions are commonly used
as field separators in UPS, FEDEX and other transportation applications.
- Bearer Bars may be easily created for ITF and all other
linear barcode types.
- White Bar Increase Option increases the amount of white
space in the symbol to improve readability.
- Supports UPS Barcodes: The Maxicode ActiveX component provided
UPS Maxicode barcodes including
- Royalty Free with the purchase of a Developer License.
Agreement for details.
- Source Code may be provided by request after the purchase of an Unlimited Developer License.
- Quality Graphics - IDAutomation's ActiveX Barcode Control
produces precise, high-resolution Windows Metafile graphics which
scale to the resolution of the printer, allowing easy scanning at
small symbol sizes. For example,
and Hand Held Products Barcode Scanners dependably read Code 128 printed with a narrow
bar width as small as .015cm.
Hand Held Products and Metrologic PDF scanners scanned PDF417 symbols printed
at .015cm and the
2D Barcode Imager by IDAutomation scanned Data Matrix symbols as small