Barcode Generation with SSRS and Microsoft Dynamics 365 | Business Central | Dynamics NAV
Microsoft SSRS may be used to generate reports that include many types of 1D and 2D barcode symbols including Code 128, Code 39, UPC, EAN, GS1-128, PDF417, QR Code, and Data Matrix. IDAutomation Supports barcode generation within SSRS, however, IDAutomation does not directly support Microsoft Dynamics. We have included tutorials here that can be an aid in creating SSRS reports that include barcode symbols. After the report functions properly, barcode symbols can be easily added to SSRS with Report Builder or Report Designer.
This is a 4 step process:
- Integrate SSRS with Dynamics, refer to creating an SSRS report for Dynamics 365. This process may be different for cloud-based and OnPrem (on-premise) deployments.
- Create and test the report.
- Integrate SSRS barcode symbols in the report with either the (1) Native SSRS Barcode Generator or (2) the SSRS Font Encoder with the appropriate Barcode Font.
- Test the report again containing the barcode symbols. Many symbols can be tested and verified with the Barcode Data Decoder.
Dynamics Integration Tutorials (from external sites)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
- Configure SQL Server Reporting Services for on-premises deployments
- Create an SSRS report for Dynamics 365
- Creating SSRS Report for Dynamics 365 Online and Model-Driven Power Apps
IDAutomation fully supports the fonts and components provided by IDAutomation. IDAutomation provides guides about how customers have integrated barcodes into Dynamics, however, IDAutomation cannot assist with the integration into Dynamics. If this type of assistance is needed, contact Microsoft Dynamics Support.