Barcode Label Software Overview
Barcode Label Software is an advanced, easy-to-use, WYSIWYG barcode label
printing software application used for printing barcodes, text, and graphics on
standard laser or inkjet printers, in addition to labels on thermal transfer
"This product has enabled us to print barcode labels inhouse
on-demand, rather than outsourcing. We chose the label software
because of its ease of use, felt it was worth our investment and
would recommend it to others."
- L. Ladwig, Diesel Injection
Service, Inc., Windsor, WI
of use - drag and drop functionality, WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)
layout and print preview make this bar code label printing software very easy
- Easy to install - the setup application includes a complete
uninstaller. In addition, the entire program is provided as a single EXE file
for simplicity and compatibility.
- Flexible application - the executable placed in the Program Files
folder after installation runs independently and may be run from a USB thumb
drive or other external devices on another PC without requiring installation.
- 32-bit & 64-bit .NET performance - written using Microsoft .NET for performance,
stability, and native compatibility with future Microsoft® operating systems.
- Multiple symbologies - multiple barcode symbologies may be created on
the same label.
- The standard barcode label printing software supports the following
linear symbologies: Telepen, EAN8, EAN13, EAN14, UPC-A, UPC-E, Interleaved 2 of 5, ITF, Code 39, Full ASCII Code 39, Code 93, Code 128, UCC/EAN-128,
MSI, Codabar, Planet, and Postnet.
GS1-128 - supports all EAN and UCC 128
AIs according to the
Code 128 FAQ.
- The Pro version supports ECC-200 Data Matrix, PDF417, Maxicode, Aztec,
QR-Code, MicroPDF, GS1 DataBar, and Composite. MICR is provided
in the pro version with templates for bank checks to be designed and printed on blank check
- Laser and inkjet printers supported - print to standard laserjet and
inkjet printers with standard labels that are available at office supply
- Predefined label stock contains several definitions for Avery,
Herma, Zweckform, and a few others.
- Print preview - this barcode label printing software allows
viewing of the page before printing.
- Thermal printer support - thermal printers can be used with this
barcode label printing software if they have a Windows print driver installed.
Upon printing, the barcode label software rasterizes the barcode to the
printer's exact resolution to ensure the barcode is created accurately. Some
older thermal printers will print slowly through the Windows® print driver.
code available - the dotnet source code to the labeling application can be
supplied with the purchase of a Multi-Site License. The application is written in Visual Basic
.NET and contains over 13,000 lines of source code. It uses the idautomation.*
.dll files for the creation of barcodes. The source code for the
idautomation.*.dll files is generally not needed. If desired, the source for
that can also be provided by purchasing an Unlimited Developer License for the
.NET Forms Control.
"We decided on this label software over others because it was user friendly, and in particular the very good information your site provides as an introduction to barcodes and barcoding. This product has allowed us to step up to a higher level fulfillment center, and will improve the accuracy of our inventory transactions."
- Don Stewart, Stewart Brown, Inc., Ventura, CA
Label design features include
barcodes, text, different fonts, and graphics.
Label designs may be saved to a file and opened
later for reuse.
- Label setup wizard - for easy setup of custom or pre-defined label
stock. Multiple barcodes may be created on the same label.
- Label layout ruler - a measurement ruler is provided in inches or
centimeters, changed by clicking the corner of the ruler.
- Rotation - barcodes, text, and graphics may be independently rotated
in increments of 0 (default), 90, 180, and 270 degrees.
- Global append prefix and suffix values allow static data to be
combined with dynamic or incrementing data in the barcode.
- Graphic image import - BMP, GIF, JPEG, WMF, and PCX images are
supported and may be placed on labels.
- Graphic objects - squares, rectangles, lines, boxes, and circles may
be easily placed on labels and sized in a WYSIWYG manner.
- Incremental features - numeric barcodes and text may be incremented
at selected intervals.
- Serial number and constant fields may be easily created and used in
multiple objects on a label.
- Advanced printing capabilities allow the start label to be specified
when unused labels exist on a page.
- VB script capabilities allow formulas to be used to determine the
data in a barcode.
- Bearer bars may be easily created for ITF and all other linear barcode types.
- White bar increase option - increases the amount of white space in the symbol to improve readability by a scanner. This property is commonly used for inkjet printers and for printers that print darker than normal and is similar to pixel shaving.
- Character grouping property - places digits in groups of 3, 4, or 5 to improve the readability of the text under the bar code.
- Database - link to data from databases and text files. Built-in
support for comma-delimited text files, CSV, Microsoft Access, and Excel files as
a data source. The comma-delimited file type is a standard that is usually
available as an export option with other software packages. A custom-embedded database may also be created to
enter values manually.
"I chose this product because of ease of use to create and print barcode labels and was able to create barcode labels for libraries of books, movies and music cassettes and CDs." - Richard Mills, Arlington Heights, IL
Barcode Label Software Pro version is also
available with several additional capabilities including:
- Supports additional 2D barcode
types including ECC200 Data Matrix, PDF417,
Maxicode, Aztec, QR-Code, MicroPDF, GS1 DataBar, and Composite.
- Allows bank checks to be designed and printed on
blank check stock with the included MICR
- Connects to additional data sources including ODBC, DSN,
Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Provides advanced VB Script formulas.
- View the Feature Comparison Chart for more info.
Barcode Label Software Video
It was easy to install and linked directly into the barcode software that I was using. I am now able to customize the layout of our barcode with this software. by Mark on 10/25/2016
We had been working around a software that only allowed us to print one barcode at a time for months, but with this product, we are able to batch our barcode label printing and save ourselves hours of work. It only took 30 minutes to understand the process and write a guide for our employees to use. So simple.
Easy to Set up and Use
I’ve implemented the software as a solution for my clients' need to print shipping labels for their products. Many of the items that my client ships arrive from vendors who do not include barcodes on the product packaging. Often these vendors will provide a PDF file containing the information that would normally appear on a shipping label, including the barcode data. This solution allows the generation of a label that I know will be successfully scanned. The product is easy to setup and use. I was able to train the staff in a matter of minutes. Building training documentation was also easy. I’ve not had the need to interact with your staff. That’s a good thing, since the installation and use instructions are very good.
Works but doing some weird stuff
If I make a field it does a weird thing were I can't click on it in the location I created it. I have to find it in the upper left of where it is viewing in the label. Not sure if it is a Windows 10 issue or not. It does the job after some playing with it. Just more of a hassle than anything.
Had to reinstall the software after upgrading to Windows 10. Support was thorough, professional and courteous. Got me back up and running fast.