Barcode Generator for Mac and Windows
create barcode images on Windows® or Mac®.
Supports JPEG, EPS, TIFF, PNG, BMP, WMF and 1
bit per pixel monochrome bitmap image formats.
- Copy-to-clipboard feature allows easy pasting into applications.
- Time-saving memorization feature remembers all properties
and settings of the previous image.
- Generates multiple image files dynamically from the
command line or text file.
- Generate images with the GUI or from a command prompt
- Supports Linear, GS1 DataBar (RSS) and 2D barcode types.
The DataBar version includes Expanded Stacked symbols compatible
DataBar Coupon Code.
QR Code Image Generator with
- Commonly used with all versions of Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Microsoft® FrontPage, Microsoft® Expression®, Microsoft® Publisher
and compatible with Microsoft® Word
versions from 97 up to 2013, as well as,
Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker,
Photoshop, PageMaker and Quark XPress.
- Uses mature generation routines that have been used
in IDAutomation's products since 2001.
- Source code available for developers.
Video Tutorial for using the Image Generator
- Licenses start at $99.
The IDAutomation Barcode Image Generator is a barcode image
generation application that creates barcodes individually. IDAutomation
also offers Barcode
Components that dynamically generate barcodes on reports
or labels, eliminating the need to paste each image independently
onto a document.
Features of the Image Generator
The IDAutomation Barcode Image Generator allows you to easily create and
paste barcode images into other applications. It also generates high-quality
barcode image files for import into desktop publishing or graphic design
applications including Publisher, Word, Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, Photoshop,
PageMaker and Quark XPress. The time saving memory feature remembers all
settings, including the barcode type, size, image type, data encoded and save
location. An additional time saving feature automatically names all generated files
according to the data encoded.
The linear version of the Image Generator is provided in separate Mac and Windows
The following feature chart summarizes the differences:
|Time-saving image location and settings memorization
|Save and load settings in XML file format
Save and load property values from XML file training video
|Generate several barcodes via text file import
Create multiple barcode training video
|Automatic file naming when generation images
|Command line options
|Source code available
|Vector formatted images
|File types generated
||jpg, tiff, png, bmp, gif & wmf
||jpg, gif, png & eps
|Tilde functions for Code 128 Auto
|Bearer bar, white bar increase and character grouping
|Text above barcode and caption support
|Command line options from DOS prompt or batch file
Additional Feature Information:
- Mac version supports OSX 10.5 and greater with Java 1.6.
- Starting with version 2010 and greater, the ability to
save and load settings via XML file format and the
ability to generate several barcodes from values
in an external text file was implemented.
|"I use the Barcode Image Generator in my print shop and really like the copy
and paste feature. It makes it user-friendly for someone with no experience
making barcodes." - Neil, Village Print Shop, Cincinnati
button allows easy pasting of barcode images into
- Time saving memory feature remembers all settings,
including the barcode type, size, image type, data
encoded and save location.
- Generates print-quality vector image files for
Publisher, Word, Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, Photoshop,
PageMaker and Quark XPress.
- Image auto sizing and real-time preview.
- Precise, high-quality, graphics files are generated
according to the selected DPI.
- Flexible sizing options - The X dimension, wide
to narrow ratio, barcode height and several other
properties may be adjusted from their default values.
The units of measure may be changed to inches or
- Selectable orientation angles of 0, 90, 180
or 270 are supported.
- Graphic configuration settings are provided
for the foreground and background colors and fonts
for the human readable characters.
- Tilde functions for Code 128 Auto, PDF417, Data
Matrix and MaxiCode allow easy encoding of returns,
tabs and other functions such as GS and
RS functions between fields in a single barcode
- White bar increase option increases the amount
of white space in the symbol to improve readability
by a scanner. This property is commonly used for
ink jet printers and for printers that print darker
- Command line options allow image files to be
generated from the command prompt or DOS window.
- Character grouping property places digits in groups of 3, 4 or 5 to improve
readability of the text under the symbol.
- Source code to the image generator application can be supplied with the
purchase of a Multi-Site License and a signed
Source Code License
Agreement. However, the source to the actual barcode generation components
are not provided. If desired, the source for the components may be provided
by purchasing an Unlimited Developer License for the associated
.NET Forms Control (for
the Windows version) or the Java
Barcode Package (for the Mac version).
- Supported symbologies:
The Linear Barcode Image Generator
supports GS1-128, Code 128, Interleaved 2 of
5, Code 39, Extended Code 39, USS Code 128,
UCC/EAN Code 128, LOGMARS, Telepen, Codabar, UPC-A, UPC-E, MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13,
Industrial 2 of 5, USPS Intelligent Mail and POSTNET barcode symbologies.
Separate Mac and Windows versions available.
|"The demo actually downloaded, ran on
my computer and did exactly what I wanted
therefore I chose this product over others.
It has allowed me to make barcode images
that I can email to suppliers as specification
documents. Easy to use immediately; just
copy to clipboard and paste." - Philip Ansell,
Eterna Lighting Ltd., Northamptonshire,
- The GS1 DataBar (Formerly RSS) Barcode
Image Generator supports all
GS1 DataBar variants including DataBar-14,
DataBar Limited, DataBar Stacked, DataBar Stacked
Omnidirectional, DataBar Truncated, DataBar
Expanded, DataBar Expanded Stacked, GS1 Composite
components and related barcode types including
PDF417, MicroPDF417, UPC/EAN, GS1-128 and Code
128. It also supports the
DataBar Coupon Barcode.
QR-Code Barcode Image Generator supports
QR-Code symbols for
meCards, Business Cards, Facebook, Twitter
Follow and URL encoding.
- The 2D Barcode Image Generator includes
the Linear generator and also supports
Aztec, Data Matrix, PDF417, MacroPDF417, Maxicode