All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
This is an easy-to-use drag and drop barcode tool designed to work with any Windows application that supports ActiveX and OCX technology including Microsoft Access, Excel, Visual Basic 6, C++, FrontPage and Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
- Generate ActiveX barcodes as dynamic graphic images without fonts.
- Supports Code 128, Code 39, UPC, Intelligent Mail, PDF417, Data Matrix, QR-Code and more.
- Easy to use with Microsoft® Excel® up to Office 2013, Microsoft® Access® up to Office 2010*, InfoPath, Internet Explorer, Visual Basic and C++.
- Compiled in C++ ATL for high efficiency and no runtime dependencies.
- Includes signed CAB file for use with InfoPath and Internet Explorer.
- Compatible with both 32 and 64 bit systems, including Microsoft® Office® 2010 - 2013 and Windows® 7 & 8.
- Compatible with Word mail-merge.
- Similar barcode types are combined into one file that is less than 200 KB.
- Mature product in use since 2000.
- Two versions to choose from:
- The Linear Package supports many popular barcode symbologies including Code-128, Code-39, Interleaved 2 of 5, UPC, EAN, GS1-128, USPS Intelligent Mail, Planet and Postnet.
- The Linear + 2D Package supports many popular barcode symbologies
including Code-128, Code-39, Interleaved 2 of 5, UPC, EAN, GS1-128, USPS
Intelligent Mail, Planet, Postnet, Aztec, PDF417, DataMatrix and
Overview & Features for ActiveX Control
The IDAutomation ActiveX Barcode Control is an easy-to-use graphic object that creates barcodes as images without the use of bitmaps or special fonts. In addition, this ActiveX barcode component automatically formats barcodes to include all start and stop characters as well as checksum calculations where required. Several linear and two-dimensional barcode types are supported including Code 39, Extended Code 39, USS Code 128, GS1-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, LOGMARS, Codabar, EAN-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 11, Code 93, Industrial 2 of 5, USPS Intelligent Mail, Postnet, Planet, OneCode, PDF417, Data Matrix ECC 200 and MaxiCode.
"We integrated the ActiveX Control in our shipping application for our clients. It's working well for us because it's easy to use and very stable."
- JD, Western Technology (custom programming services)
All similar barcode symbologies are combined into single, small, fully-functional, redistributable files which do not require any license keys or activation. The controls are easy-to-use with Microsoft Access, Excel, InfoPath, FrontPage, Expression Web, Visual Basic 6, C++ and in .NET Framework. However, IDAutomation recommends using the .NET Forms Control for local .NET applications or the ASP.NET Web Server Control for .NET web applications.
|Compatibility and Requirements|
|Application Compatibility||Any application that supports COM or ActiveX components|
|OS Compatibility||Microsoft Windows 95 or greater including Windows 7 & 8.|
|Minimum System Requirements||500 MHZ Processor, 128MB RAM, 5 MB available hard drive space.|
|Implemented By||End users, report designers and developers.|
|Linear Barcodes Supported||Code 39, Extended Code 39, Code 128 (with character sets A, B and C), GS1-128 (aka: UCC/EAN-128), USS-128, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, NW7, UPC-A, UPC-E, MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13, Code 11, Code 93, Industrial 2 of 5, ITF, USPS Intelligent Mail IMb, Planet, OneCode and Postnet.|
|Aztec Compatibility||Aztec matrix generation with automatic mode selection and GS1 compatibility. AIM Specification ANSI/AIM BC13 ISS Aztec Code & ISO/IEC FDIS 24778.|
|Data Matrix Compatibility||Data Matrix with ECC200 error correction. Encoding modes of Text, ASCII, C40 and Base256 (byte) encoding are supported. AIM Specification ISS Data Matrix & ISO/IEC 16022 encodes up to 860 characters.|
|MaxiCode Compatibility||MaxiCode with support for modes 2-6. AIM Specification ISS MaxiCode.|
|PDF417 Compatibility||PDF417 with text and base256 (byte) encoding. AIM Specification USS PDF417 encodes up to 860 characters.|
|QR-Code Compatibility||QRCode with support for Byte, Numeric, and Alpha-numeric encoding modes, and automatic Version selection.|
"IDAutomation made the process of transitioning our business to barcoding quick, easy and cost effective. The information provided on their website was incredibly helpful in helping us determine our particular business requirements. Thanks, IDAutomation"
- Richard Wells, HilltopOrchids.com, Inc. Lake Bluff, IL
- Royalty-Free with the purchase of a Developer License.
- Barcode Image Generator included that may be used to paste barcodes into other applications or save them to a WMF file. The VB source code is provided to the image generator application for developers to customize.
- Supports Several Applications including Microsoft Access, InfoPath, Excel, Word mail-merge, Visual C++, Visual Basic and Visual FoxPro.
- Works as a DLL and does not have to be loaded on the form. Example
- May be Used in .NET as a COM object. For more information, refer to the tutorials about implementation with either VB.NET or C#.
- Thermal Printer Support is achieved by printing extremely accurate barcodes, even on low-resolution printers.
- Data Binding API binds to popular relational database systems. Refer to the DataSource, DataBindings, and DataField properties to configure and bind the object to a field in a database.
- USPS Intelligent Mail IMb is supported as well as Postnet, Planet and GS1-128.
- High Performance, Compact Size and no Runtime Requirements: This ActiveX Barcode Control were created in Visual C++ using ATL without any runtime requirements. The file sizes are very small which makes them easy to distribute, and they use less CPU cycles than other controls.
- Flexible Sizing Options allow changes to the X dimension, wide to narrow ratio, barcode height, margins and the white space between the bars in the barcode.
- Text Options allow human-readable characters to be enabled or
disabled. Human-readable interpretation is often
disabled to allow placement of custom text formatting for specific
- Lower ASCII Support is provided for functions such as returns and tabs in Code 39, Code 128, Data Matrix, MaxiCode and PDF417.
- Complete GS1-128 (UCC/EAN 128) Support is integrated into the component.
- Checksum Options may be enabled or disabled for applicable linear symbologies.
- Orientation may be set to 0, 90, 180 or 270 degrees.
- Tilde Functions allow encoding of returns, tabs and other functions such as GS and RS functions between fields in a single barcode. GS and RS functions are commonly used as field separators in UPS, FEDEX and other transportation applications.
- Bearer Bars may be easily created for ITF and all other linear barcode types.
- White Bar Increase Option increases the amount of white space in the symbol to improve readability.
- Supports UPS Barcodes: The Maxicode ActiveX component provided supports UPS Maxicode barcodes including compressed Maxicode.
- Royalty Free with the purchase of a Developer License. Review the License Agreement for details.
- Source Code may be provided by request after the purchase of an Unlimited Developer License.
- Quality Graphics - IDAutomation's ActiveX Barcode Control produces precise, high-resolution Windows Metafile graphics which scale to the resolution of the printer, allowing easy scanning at small symbol sizes. For example, IDAutomation Barcode Scanners dependably read Code 128 printed with a narrow bar width as small as .015cm and the 2D Barcode Imager by IDAutomation scanned Data Matrix symbols as small as .02cm.