Code 128 Barcode Font Package
the Code 128 barcode from a font.
- Easily encodes GS1-128 Application Identifiers
and are now visible in the human readable version
- Patent-pending font technology produces extremely
- Provided with both non-human readable and human-readable
versions without showing the check character.
- Contains over 18 different Code 128 font versions
in 6 formats.
- Examples for Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access
and Crystal Reports included.
- TrueType, OpenType, PCL LaserJet soft fonts
and PostScript font versions are included.
- Unicode option improves compatibility with double-byte
- All Code 128 Fonts require special formatting
so that the data, when the barcode font is applied,
will be scannable. Over 30 royalty free font tools, macros and plug-ins
are provided to complete this automatically.
- Supports AIM USS Code-128, ISS-Code-128, UCC-128,
EAN-128, GS1-128, SCC18, USPS, SISAC,
ISAL, Canada Post
and other specifications based on Code128.
- While the Code 128 Fonts are compatible on
Universal Fonts, which include the C128
MAC specific font tools for
Code 128 Barcode Font Features
This Code 128 font package includes over 18 Code
128 barcode fonts in 6 formats, with royalty free rights
to use any IDAutomation font tools, macros and source
code as necessary for application integration. The fonts
comply with all ANSI, AIM, ISO and European (CEN) standards
for Code 128 including ISS-128.
New Code 128 Barcode Font Package Features:
- Human Readable display within the font without
showing the check character.
- GS1-128 AIs with parentheses are now visible
in the human readable version.
- Unicode option improves compatibility with double-byte
Data Sheet |
Download Demo |
Features and details of the package are as follows:
Encoder Tools are available for easy Code
128 font integration into a variety of applications
- GS1-128 (UCC/EAN-128) Support: When using
Code 128 for
GS1-128 (formerly UCC-128 or EAN-128), every
barcode must begin with a Start C character followed
by a (fnc1) "function code one" character.
- The Code128() function in IDAutomation
font encoder tools provides an automated method
for doing this by inserting an ASCII202 character
for each AI represented.
- Additionally, the IDAutomationC128M font
is specifically designed for GS1 barcodes when
printed at 12 points where a size of 1/2 inch
tall and an X dimension of 10 mils is required.
- GS1-128 AIs: New functionality automatically
places parentheses around
Application Identifiers (AIs) in GS1-128 within
the same font by using
- Parentheses may also be used to
encode AIs within the font.
Versions: New functionality enables human-readable
text in the same font, beneath the barcode by using
- Separate fonts with text interpretations
are also provided for Code 128 B and C.
- 6 Font Heights Provided: Code 128 barcode
fonts are scalable and should be printed at the
correct font size to suit the application and scanning
- In addition to using the point size to set
the font width, six (6) versions of the Code
128 barcode fonts are provided to support
different height requirements.
- Industry Standards: In use since 1998,
IDAutomation Code 128 barcode fonts were created
directly from AIM and ISO standards.
|"The IDAutomation Code 128 Font enabled
us to integrate barcodes into 4D and Microsoft
Excel applications that work cross-platform
between Classic Macintosh, OS-X and Microsoft®
Windows® operating systems." - Charles Daneri,
Objective Systems, LLC (computer consulting
firm), Baltimore, MD.
- Low-Resolution Printer Support: These
Code 128 barcode fonts are designed to print precisely
203 DPI thermal printers and 300 DPI printers
in addition to higher resolution printers.
- When printing at 203 DPI, the point size
chosen should be a multiple of 6. When printing
at 300 DPI, the point size chosen should be
a multiple of 4.
- USPS Support: When printed at 16 points,
the IDAutomationC128L font will produce the exact
dimensions for GS1 (EAN128) as required by the
USPS special services, which is a height of
.75" and an X dimension of .013".
- The IDAutomationC128S font at 28 points
will produce a barcode at 23.5 mils and .81"
tall, which meets requirements for the USPS
Intelligent Mail Container Barcode USPS-B-3215.
- Canada Post Support: When printed at
21 points, the IDAutomationC128L font will produce
the dimensions required by the CANADA POST, which
is a height of 1" and an X dimension of .017".
|"The low cost and the easy integration
of the encoding tools into our existing
VB.Net application, thereby allowing us
to encode mrs and confirmation delivery
data for use with the USPS. Integration
was very simple...seamless."- J Edwards
, PSC Info Group, Valley Forge, PA
- Easy Function Encoding Capability: These
Code 128 barcode fonts provide easy methods of
encoding functions in barcodes such as returns
- Embeddable Functionality: Barcode fonts
included with the
Developer License allow embedding into PDFs,
Word documents and other files that support embedding
so those who do not have the fonts installed may
still view and print the barcode.
- Multiple Language and Locale Support:
In the event the system regional setting is not
set to "English" or the 1252 Latin-1 codepage, Code
128 fonts support the following additional code
pages in Windows: 1250 European, 1251 Cyrillic,
1253 Greek, 1254 Turkish, 1255 Hebrew and 1256 Arabic.
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows, Pocket
PC, Macintosh, Unix, Linux and others.
- However, the
Universal Barcode Font Advantage includes
free font tools designed for the MAC to create
Code 128 barcodes easily.
|"We picked your package because
of the detailed description of product
capabilities and ease of use. Our data
transfer is streamlined for both e-traffic
and paper customers. The software package
came with clear instructions and works
seamlessly in the background." - Michael
Lott, Isoforensics Inc., Bountiful,
- Multiple Formats Provided: The following
versions are provided with purchase:
- TTF fonts are supplied as digitally signed,
OpenType fonts with TrueType outlines. They
are compatible with Macintosh OS-X and all versions
of Microsoft Windows®, including 2000, XP, Vista,
Windows 7, and
- The OTF fonts are digitally signed, OpenType
fonts with PostScript outlines compatible with
Windows, MAC OS-X, Linux and other systems supporting
the OpenType format.
- PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied in
binary (PFB), ASCII (PFA) and MAC classic versions
(MT1 and BMA).
- Macintosh classic TrueType (MTT) fonts are
included for MAC System 7.1 to OS-X.
- Also included in this package are PCL laserjet
soft fonts in 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24 points.
- The Developer License grants the right to
convert IDAutomation's fonts to other formats
as necessary including TrueDoc and OpenType.
- For the most up to date installation procedures
for Macintosh, Unix and other operating systems,
please visit the IDAutomation
Technical Support Page.
Code 128 Barcode Overview
Code 128 is a high-density barcode that encodes numbers,
symbols, uppercase and lowercase text as well as functions
such as returns and tabs. It is the preferred barcode
used for many standards including
SSCC-18 and SCC-14.
All Code 128 barcodes require a start character,
checksum character, and a stop character. Due to the
required calculation of a checksum, encoding Code 128
barcode fonts may be difficult without IDAutomation's
Font Encoder Tools.
Code 128 Barcode Font Package Reviews and Listings