- Generate Code 128 and many other 1D barcode types with a single font in Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux and Unix-based systems.
- Compatible with 32 and 64 bit apps including Microsoft Office, FileMaker, SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Supports multiple languages with double-byte character sets such as Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
- Multiple font types are included in the package, such as Digitally Signed TrueType, OpenType, PostScript, and PCL fonts.
- Supports AIM USS Code 128, GS1-128, EAN-128, Code 39, Code 93, Interleaved 2 of 5 (ITF), MSI, Codabar & USPS Intelligent Mail IMb.
- Latest Update: Added .NET Standard 2.0, SSRS Font Encoder, USPS IMb as a pure Office VBA Module, silent installer and the Font Encoder App.
- Universal Fonts require special formatting with font encoders, tools and source code, royalty-free so that the data will generate a readable barcode when the font is applied. This package supports linear 1D barcode types. IDAutomation also offers 2D Universal Fonts for generating Aztec, Data Matrix, QR-Code, and PDF417 barcodes.
With a purchase of the Developer License or above:
- Web Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display barcodes in any web browser.
- A silent installation executable is included with the source to create custom installations.
- .NET Standard 2.0 & .NET Core 2.0 source code in C# and VB.NET with examples and assembly.
- Custom modifications, distribution rights and other benefits as outlined in the license chart.
- Video Tutorial: Create Standard Barcodes using Universal Fonts
- Refer to Section 1 of the License Agreement to determine the correct license needed and the chart below to see what is included with each license.
- All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
- Refer to the Universal Barcode Font User Manual for tutorials and implementation suggestions.
- Purchase risk-free; this product is provided with a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.
- An evaluation version is also available by download for testing purposes. The evaluation version must be removed before installing the purchased version.
- The applicable Small or Mid-Size Company Agreement must be completed first in order to receive the discount code.
Universal Barcode Font Features
This package includes 7 different Universal font heights and file formats as well as rights to use the font tools, encoders and source code for easy integration, royalty-free.
Encoding Tools Provided:
Royalty-Free Font Encoders and source code modules are provided royalty-free with a license to this product. The font tools automatically convert the data that is to be encoded to a text string, that when combined with IDAutomation's Universal Barcode Font, will create an accurate barcode.
- Primary User Font Encoders: (Complete List)
- Developer Tools: (included in Developer License and above)
Easy Function Encoding Capability: IDAutomation's font encoders provide easy methods of encoding functions such as returns and tabs in Code 128 barcodes.
Multiple Barcode Symbologies Supported:
- GS1-128 & UCC/EAN-128 Support:
- When using Universal fonts for GS1-128, UCC-128 or EAN-128 barcodes, the IDAutomation_Uni_C128() function in the font encoders provides an automated method of encoding one or more Application Identifiers (AI).
- Additionally, when printed at 12 points the "IDAutomation Uni M" font is specifically designed for GS1-128 barcodes where a size of .5" tall and an X dimension of 10 mils is required. Read more about how to encode GS1-128 barcodes.
- USPS Support:
- When printed at 16 points, the IDAutomation Uni L font will produce a barcode with a height of .75" and an X dimension of .013", the exact dimensions for GS1-128 as required by the USPS special services.
- This package also supports other USPS symbologies such as Intelligent Mail IMb, OneCode Solution and Postnet and Planet.
- Canada Post Support:
- When printed at 21 points, the IDAutomation Uni L font will produce a barcode with a height of 1" and an X-dimension of .017", the dimensions required by the CANADA POST.
Multiple Language and Locale Support:
- Multiple Language and Locale Support:
The Universal Font is
compatible with multiple operating systems and locales, including Double
Byte versions of Windows, such as those used in China, Korea, and Japan.
- Cross-platform Support:
- The unique encoding in IDAutomation fonts
allows cross-platform support between Unix, Linux, Mac, and Windows®
Multiple Versions Provided:
- Seven Different Font Heights Provided:
- IDAutomation Universal Fonts are scalable and should be printed at an appropriate size to suit the application and scanner equipment.
- In addition to using the point size to set the font width, 7 font versions are provided to support different height requirements.
- Three Wide-to-Narrow Ratios Provided:
- This single font can provide wide-to-narrow ratios of 2:1, 2.5:1 and 3:1 for the Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar and MSI symbologies. The ratio is changed by a parameter in the function of the font tool.
- Low-Resolution Printer Support:
- These Universal barcode fonts are designed to print precisely on 203 DPI thermal printers and 300 DPI printers in addition to higher resolution printers.
- Data Sheet & Implementation Examples: More technical information about this font, such as dimension specifications, is available in the Universal Font Advantage User Manual.