Universal Barcode Font Advantage™
Generate many different barcode types with a single font in Windows, Mac,
Linux and Unix-based systems.
- Supports multiple languages with double-byte character sets such as
Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
font types are included in the package, such as Digitally Signed TrueType,
OpenType, PostScript and PCL fonts.
- Compatible with 32 and 64-bit systems including Microsoft Office 2016 and
- Supports AIM USS Code 128, GS1-128, EAN-128, Code 39, Code 93, Interleaved 2 of 5, MSI, Codabar
& USPS Intelligent Mail IMb.
Crystal Reports Formulas which may be easily applied to a report.
- Separate Windows and Mac packages include examples for:
- Mac: Office, Excel, FileMaker, OpenOffice, Java and AppleScript.
- Windows: Office, Excel, Access, FileMaker, OpenOffice, Crystal Reports, VB, C#, Java
- Video Tutorial:
Barcodes using Universal Fonts
Added SSRS Font Encoder and USPS IMb as a pure Office VBA Module, silent installation option, TrueType TTF fonts as OpenType
with digital signatures, plus PostScript ASCII Type 1 fonts to the package and
- Universal Fonts require special formatting with
encoders, tools and source code, royalty-free so that the data will generate
a readable barcode when the font is applied. This package supports linear
1D barcode types. IDAutomation also offers
2D Universal Fonts
for generating Aztec, Data Matrix, QR-Code and PDF417 barcodes.
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above:
- Web Fonts
are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display barcodes in any web
- A silent installation executable is included with source to create custom installations.
a .NET Assembly.
- Custom modifications, distribution rights and other benefits as outlined
in the license chart.
Universal Barcode Font Features
package includes 7 different Universal font heights and file formats as well as
rights to use the
font tools, encoders and source code for easy integration, royalty-free.
Encoding Tools Provided:
Royalty-Free Font Encoders and source code modules are provided royalty-free
with a license to this product. The font tools automatically convert the
data that is to be encoded to a text string, that when combined with
IDAutomation's Universal Barcode Font, will create an accurate barcode.
- Primary User Font Encoders:
- Developer Tools: (included in Developer License and
Easy Function Encoding Capability: IDAutomation's font encoders
provide easy methods of
encoding functions such as returns and tabs in Code 128 barcodes.
Multiple Barcode Symbologies Supported:
The Universal barcode font supports Code 128,
2 of 5, Code 39,
USPS Intelligent Mail (OneCode 4-State Customer Barcode).
- GS1-128 & UCC/EAN-128 Support:
- When using Universal fonts for
EAN-128 barcodes, the
IDAutomation_Uni_C128() function in the
font encoders provides an automated method of encoding one or more
Application Identifiers (AI).
- Additionally, when printed at 12 points the
"IDAutomation Uni M" font is specifically designed for GS1-128 barcodes
where a size of .5" tall and an X dimension of 10 mils is required. Read
to encode GS1-128 barcodes.
- USPS Support:
- Canada Post Support:
- When printed at 21 points, the
IDAutomation Uni L font will
produce a barcode with a height of 1" and an X-dimension of .017", the
dimensions required by the CANADA POST.
This Universal Barcode Font package does not support
types, which are available as a separate purchase.
Multiple Language and Locale Support:
- Multiple Language and Locale Support: The Universal Font is
compatible with multiple operating systems and locales, including Double
Byte versions of Windows, such as those used in China, Korea and Japan.
- Cross-platform Support: The unique encoding in IDAutomation fonts
allows cross-platform support between Unix, Linux, Mac and Windows®
Multiple Versions Provided:
- Seven Different Font Heights Provided:
- IDAutomation Universal
Fonts are scalable and should be printed at an appropriate size to suit the
application and scanner equipment.
- In addition to using the point size to
set the font width, 7 font versions
are provided to support different height requirements.
- Three Wide-to-Narrow Ratios Provided:
- This single font can
provide wide-to-narrow ratios of 2:1, 2.5:1 and 3:1 for the Code 39,
Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar and MSI symbologies. The ratio is changed by a
parameter in the function of the font tool.
- Low Resolution Printer Support:
- These Universal barcode fonts are
designed to print precisely on 203 DPI thermal printers and 300 DPI printers
in addition to higher resolution printers.
- Data Sheet & Implementation Examples: More technical information
about this font, such as dimension specifications, is available in the
Universal Font Advantage User Manual.
Order the Universal Barcode Font Advantage Package
All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the
Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased
when making the order.