UPC/EAN Barcode Font Package
From a single font, generate
UPC and EAN barcodes for UPC-A, UCC-12, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, GTIN, JAN, Bookland and ISBN standards in human readable and non-human readable formats.
- The IDAutomation EAN and UPC font produces high-quality grade A barcodes,
even on low resolution printers.
Includes examples for
FileMaker, OpenOffice, Microsoft® Word, Excel, Access and SAP Crystal Reports.
Five different sizes are provided for added flexibility.
- The TrueType and OpenType fonts in the package are digitally signed for
security purposes and to help prevent forgery.
- Compatible with 32 and 64-bit Windows®, Mac® OS, Unix, Linux and mobile
iOS, Android and
.NET Compact Framework.
- UPC and EAN fonts require special formatting so that the barcode will be
scannable when the font is applied. Over 30
royalty-free font encoders are provided for this
- The following are included with a purchase of the Developer License or above:
- Web Fonts
in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display barcodes in any web
- Silent installation executables with source scripts to create custom installations.
- Additional font encoders and source code including C++, Java, Oracle and .NET.
UPC/EAN Barcode Font Features
solutions with IDAutomation fonts provides a high level of scalability with
operating system, application and printer independence. Learn more about
the quality of
IDAutomation fonts. This package contains 5 different font heights in
several formats along with font encoders, macros and source code to assist with
Details of the UPC EAN Barcode Font Advantage Package are as follows:
|"We bought the IDAutomation UPC/EAN Barcode Font Advantage Package for the
ease of use and the ability to integrate it straightforwardly into applications.
Our company now benefits by adding on demand barcode reporting into existing
software, which allows users to quickly provide barcoded reports." - Anthony
Jucha, Rio Rancho, NM
- 2014 Update:
Added TrueType TTF fonts as OpenType with digital signatures, plus new TrueType fonts with Symbol Encoding and PostScript ASCII Type 1 fonts to the package.
Quality Symbols: The latest version of the EAN and UPC fonts
includes new technology that allows extremely high-quality barcode printing.
- Advanced Font Encoding: IDAutomation's implementation of UPC and EAN
symbologies allows a single font to produce all UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8,
EAN-13, JAN & ISBN barcodes.
- Improved Security: The TrueType and OpenType fonts in the package are
digitally signed for security purposes with the ability to check for forgery or
- Cross-platform Support: The unique encoding of these EAN and UPC
fonts allows cross-platform support between Unix, Mac and Windows® systems
in any locale or language.
- Multiple Font Encoders Included: For easy
integration into applications, several
font encoder tools
are provided that are free to use with this package.
- User Tools:
- Developer Tools: (included in Developer License and
- Low Resolution Printer Support: UPC and EAN barcode fonts from
IDAutomation are designed to print precisely on 203 DPI thermal printers, 300
DPI printers and to higher-resolution printers. When printing at 203 DPI, the
point size chosen should be a multiple of 6. When printing at 300 DPI, the point
size chosen should be a multiple of 4.
- Five Heights Provided: Fonts with "S" in the name are "shortened
height" fonts that are below what the UCC recommends. However, IDAutomation has
observed these shorter symbols used with UPC-A and UPC-E barcodes. Fonts with
"M" in the name are "medium height" fonts and are recommended for printing EAN-8
and UPC-E barcodes. Fonts with "L" in the name are the largest with a height of
approximately 22mm when printed at 16 points and are recommended for printing
UPC-A and EAN-13 barcodes.
- Industry Standards: These UPC EAN fonts meet all current GS1,
GTIN, UCC, EAN, European EN 797 and IEC 15420:2000 specifications. All symbols of this
specification are in the fonts, including human readable characters and add-on
- Embeddable Functionality: The EAN and UPC fonts included with the
Developer License allow embedding into PDFs, Word documents and others.
- Non-Human Readable Fonts Provided: Fonts that exclude the normal
human readable characters are provided in this package to support the printing
human readable variation implementation.
- Multiple Font Formats Provided
- TTF fonts are supplied as digitally signed, OpenType fonts with TrueType
outlines. They are compatible with Mac OS-X and all versions of Microsoft
Windows®, including XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Server 2012 and mobile
iOS, Android and
.NET Compact Framework.
- TrueType fonts with symbol encoding are also provided which allow the font
name to be more visible in font drop down lists of end-user Windows
- The OTF fonts are digitally signed, OpenType fonts with PostScript outlines
compatible with Windows, Mac OS-X, Linux and other systems supporting the OpenType format.
- PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied in binary (PFB), ASCII Type 1 (PFA
compressed and uncompressed) and Mac
classic versions (MT1 and BMA).
- PCL LaserJet soft fonts are also included with this
package in 12, 16, 20 and 28 points.
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above,
Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display
barcodes in any web browser.
- For the most up-to-date installation procedures for Mac, UNIX
and other operating systems, please visit the
Technical Support page.
- Data Sheet & Implementation Examples: For more technical
information about the fonts such as character set detail and calculating the
check character, please review the
UPC/EAN Font Data Sheet.
UPC and EAN Font Package Overview
IDAutomation's UPC/EAN Barcode Font Advantage Package is an advanced font
product with encoders, macros and source code that uses a single font file to
create UCC-12, UPCA, UPCE, EAN8, EAN13, JAN, ISBN, Bookland and GTIN barcodes. The
fonts meet ANSI, ISO and IEC 2000 specifications (ISO 15420:2000).
To create proper UPC and EAN barcode types, the characters printed must be
selected from the tables defined in the
UPC/EAN barcode font data sheet. For easy integration into applications,
IDAutomation provides several
font encoders that
are free to use with this product. The font encoders automatically format the
characters to the barcode font. When it is only necessary to create a single
barcode, consider using the
Online Font Encoder. If
the font encoders cannot be utilized consider one of IDAutomation's other
barcode label software.
UPC, UCC, EAN, JAN, ISBN, Bookland, GTIN-8, GTIN-12 and GTIN-13 barcodes may
all be generated from IDAutomation's UPC/EAN Barcode Font Advantage Package with
the exception of EAN-14, UCC-128 and EAN-128 which are created using
code 128 barcode fonts. The primary purpose for these barcodes is to
uniquely identify a product and manufacturer for retail checkout and tracking
Barcode Standards Related to UPC and EAN:
- Add-on Barcodes: An additional barcode may be created just to the
right of the symbol to encode additional information. These barcodes are either
2 or 5 digits in length.
- EAN Code: The European Article Numbering system consists of 13
numbers in EAN-13. EAN-8 consists of 8 digits for small packages. EAN-14 is a
type created with the
or Code 128
barcode and is not included in this package.
- ISBN and Bookland: The EAN-13 barcode for a book or periodical is
generated from the ISBN number assigned to it. When encoding ISBN in an EAN-13
barcode, the ISBN is preceded by the number 978 and the ISBN check digit is not
used. When the ISBN number is encoded in the EAN-13 barcode in this way, it is
often referred to as Bookland. For more information, please review the
ISBN and Bookland Barcode Tutorial.
- GTIN: The
Global Trade Item Number is used to identify any item that is traded.
- JAN: JAN barcodes are the same as the EAN codes, except the first two
characters are set to "49".
- UCC: The Universal Code Council
creates standards for multi-industry product identification. UCC12 is another
name for the UPC-A standard. The UCC barcode is now referred to as GS1.
- UPC: The Universal Product Code (UPC) barcode has been used in the
retail industry in the U.S. and Canada since 1973. UPC-A consists of 12 numbers
and UPC-E consists of 12 numbers that are compressed into 8 numbers for small
- GS1-128: Formerly UCC128 or EAN128, this barcode type is created by
Code 128 font
and is not included in this package.
Order the UPC/EAN Font Advantage Package
orders include a complimentary 30-day
Priority Support and Upgrade Subscription. Support and upgrades may be
provided beyond 30 days with the purchase of a Priority Support and Upgrade
Subscription that correlates with the original product ordered.
License Summary (Choose the appropriate link for more details.)
allows one (1) developer royalty-free distribution up to 10,000 user licenses.
This license also includes additional tools and font encoders including:
- Additional font encoders and source code including C++, Java, Oracle and
- Web Fonts in WOFF, EOT and SVG
- A silent installation executable is included with source to create custom installations.
5 Developer License grants the rights of the Developer License for up to
five (5) developers and 20,000 user licenses.
Unlimited Developer License grants the rights of the Developer License for
an unlimited number of developers and an unlimited number of user licenses.
- Highly discounted
Company Developer Licenses grant the rights of the Developer License to
Site License allows unlimited use at a single site within a single
organization, but disallows rights for development or distribution.
Single User License allows use of the Software for one (1) user in your
organization. However, if the Software is used in connection with a high speed
printer that prints over 55 pages per minute or a system (including all
hardware, printer and software) having a cost totaling over $50,000 USD or
equivalent in a foreign currency, a Developer License is required.
Multiple User Licenses are also available in various quantities.
UPC/EAN Barcode Font Package
Company Agreement must be completed prior to purchase.
IDAutomation.com offers secure, encrypted online ordering by credit card and
immediate delivery via download after the order is approved.
Other ordering options.
If there are any questions, please