All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
The image generator application is used to easily create and paste barcodes
into Windows applications* or generate high-quality graphic image files.
*There is a Mac-based version of the Linear Package, but not any of the other packages at this time.
- There are four (4) Versions to choose from:
- The 1D Linear Barcode Image Generator supports GS1-128, Code 128, ITF, Code 39, LOGMARS, Telepen, Codabar, UPC-A, UPC-E, MSI, EAN-8, EAN-13 and USPS Intelligent Mail barcode symbologies. Separate Mac and Windows versions available.
- The GS1 DataBar Barcode Image Generator supports all GS1 DataBar variants including DataBar-14, DataBar Limited, DataBar Stacked, DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional, DataBar Truncated, DataBar Expanded, DataBar Expanded Stacked, GS1 Composite components and related barcode types including PDF417, MicroPDF417, UPC/EAN, GS1-128, and Code 128. It also supports the DataBar Coupon Barcode.
- The QR-Code Barcode Image Generator supports 2D Barcode Image Generator includes the Linear generator and also supports Aztec, Data Matrix, PDF417, MacroPDF417, Maxicode and QR-Code.
- Supports JPEG, EPS, TIFF, PNG, BMP, WMF and 1 bit per pixel monochrome bitmap image formats.
- The copy-to-clipboard feature allows easy pasting into applications.
- Time-saving memorization feature remembers all properties and settings of the previous image.
- Generates multiple image files dynamically from the command line or text file.
- Generate images with the GUI or from a command prompt batch file.
- Supports Linear, GS1 DataBar (RSS) and 2D barcode types. The DataBar version includes Expanded Stacked symbols compatible with the DataBar Coupon Code.
- QR Code Image Generator version 2020 and greater supports Swiss QR-Bill, Image Overlay (as Center Override) and GS1-QRCode encoding capability.
- Commonly used with all versions of Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Microsoft® FrontPage, Microsoft® Expression®, Microsoft® Publisher and compatible with Microsoft® Word versions from 97 up to 2013, as well as, Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, Photoshop, PageMaker and Quark XPress.
- Uses mature generation routines that have been used in IDAutomation's products since 2001.
- Source code available for developers.
- Video Tutorial for using the Image Generator
The IDAutomation Barcode Image Generator is a barcode image generation application that creates barcodes individually. IDAutomation also offers Barcode Label Software, Barcode Fonts and Barcode Components that dynamically generate barcodes on reports or labels, eliminating the need to paste each image independently onto a document.
- Refer to Section 1 of the License Agreement to determine the correct license needed.
- All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
- Refer to the Barcode Image Generator User Manual for tutorials and implementation suggestions.
- Purchase risk-free; this product is provided with a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.
- An evaluation version is also available by download for testing purposes. The evaluation version must be removed before installing the purchased version.
- The applicable Small or Mid-Size Company Agreement must be completed first in order to receive the discount code.
Features of the Image Generator
The IDAutomation Barcode Image Generator allows you to easily create and paste barcode images into other applications. It also generates high-quality barcode image files for import into desktop publishing or graphic design applications including Publisher, Word, Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, Photoshop, PageMaker and Quark XPress. The time-saving memory feature remembers all settings, including the barcode type, size, image type, data encoded and save location. An additional time-saving feature automatically names all generated files according to the data encoded.
The linear version of the Image Generator is provided in separate Mac and Windows versions. The following feature chart summarizes the differences:
|Time-saving image location and settings memorization|
|Save and load settings in XML file format
Save and load property values from XML file training video
|Generate several barcodes via text file import
Create multiple barcode training video
|Automatic file naming when generation images|
|Command line options|
|Source code available||(VB.NET)||(Java)|
|Vector formatted images||(WMF)||(EPS)|
|File types generated||jpg, tiff, png, bmp, gif & wmf||jpg, gif, png & eps|
|Tilde functions for Code 128 Auto|
|Bearer bar, white bar increase and character grouping|
|Text above barcode and caption support|
|Command line options from DOS prompt or batch file|
"I use the Barcode Image Generator in my print shop and really like the copy and paste feature. It makes it user-friendly for someone with no experience making barcodes."
- Neil, Village Print Shop, Cincinnati
Additional Feature Information:
- Mac version supports OSX 10.5 and greater with Java 1.6, requires legacy Java 6 runtime.
- Starting with version 2010 and greater, the ability to save and load settings via XML file format and the ability to generate several barcodes from values in an external text file was implemented.
- Copy-to-Clipboard button allows easy pasting of barcode images into applications.
- Time saving memory feature remembers all settings, including the barcode type, size, image type, data encoded and save location.
- Generates print-quality vector image files for Publisher, Word, Adobe InDesign, FrameMaker, Photoshop, PageMaker and Quark XPress.
- Image auto sizing and real-time preview.
- Precise, high-quality, graphics files are generated according to the selected DPI.
- Flexible sizing options - The X dimension, wide to narrow ratio, barcode height and several other properties may be adjusted from their default values. The units of measure may be changed to inches or centimeters.
- Selectable orientation angles of 0, 90, 180 or 270 are supported.
- Graphic configuration settings are provided for the foreground and background colors and fonts for the human-readable characters.
- Tilde functions for Code 128 Auto, PDF417, Data Matrix and MaxiCode allow easy encoding of returns, tabs and other functions such as GS and RS functions between fields in a single barcode symbol.
- White bar increase option increases the amount of white space in the symbol to improve readability by a scanner. This property is commonly used for inkjet printers and for printers that print darker than normal.
- Command-line options allow image files to be generated from the command prompt or DOS window.
- Character grouping property places digits in groups of 3, 4 or 5 to improve readability of the text under the symbol.
- Source code to the image generator application can be supplied with the purchase of a Multi-Site License and a signed Source Code License Agreement. However, the source to the actual barcode generation components are not provided. If desired, the source for the components may be provided by purchasing an Unlimited Developer License for the associated .NET Forms Control (for the Windows version) or the Java Barcode Package (for the Mac version).
"The demo actually downloaded, ran on my computer and did exactly what I wanted therefore I chose this product over others. It has allowed me to make barcode images that I can email to suppliers as specification documents. Easy to use immediately; just copy to clipboard and paste."
- Philip Ansell, Eterna Lighting Ltd., Northamptonshire, United Kingdom