All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
Easily add high-density GS1-DataMatrix and Data Matrix barcodes to applications that support TrueType, PostScript, OpenType or PCL fonts with this font package.
- Generate 2D Data Matrix barcodes, including GS1-DataMatrix, ECC200, and UID markings, with fonts and font encoder tools.
- Complies with ECC200, DOD UID, UDI, ANSI/AIM C11, ISO/IEC 16022, ISO/IEC 15434, GS1-DataMatrix, MIL-STD-130 and other specifications that require Data Matrix.
- Includes a Font Encoder Software Application to easily paste barcodes into applications and export XML files.
- Supports encoding of Functions, such as Tab, Return, Escape and others, allowing scanned data to output to a variety of fields rather than just one.
- Multiple font types are included in the package, such as Digitally Signed TrueType, OpenType, PostScript and PCL fonts.
- Data Matrix fonts require special formatting so that the data-to-encode will create a readable barcode when the font is applied to it. Font encoders and graphic encoders are provided to complete this encoding process automatically.
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above:
- .NET Standard 2.0 &
.NET Core 2.0 source code in C# and VB.NET with examples and assembly.
- Web Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to display barcodes in any web browser.
- A silent installation executable is included with source set up to create custom installations.
- Refer to Section 1 of the License Agreement to determine the correct license needed and the chart below to see what is included with each license.
- All orders include automatic registration and lifetime Level 1 support and include one incident of Level 2 support for a period of 60 days. Level 2 support and upgrades may be provided beyond 60 days if the Level 2 Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the order.
- Refer to the GS1-DataMatrix Font and Encoder User Manual for tutorials and implementation suggestions.
- Purchase risk-free; this product is provided with a 30-day unconditional money-back guarantee.
- An evaluation version is also available by download for testing purposes. The evaluation version must be removed before installing the purchased version.
- The applicable Small or Mid-Size Company Agreement must be completed first in order to receive the discount code.
- .NET Standard 2.0 & .NET Core 2.0 source code in C# and VB.NET with examples and assembly.
Data Matrix Font and Encoder Overview
Data Matrix is a popular 2D barcode symbology that is capable of encoding much larger quantities of data than standard linear barcodes. The symbology evaluation reveals that in many cases, Data Matrix is more efficient and compact than other 2D symbologies such as PDF417 and QR-Code. The data encoded in a Data Matrix barcode may include text letters, numbers and actual bytes of data such as extended characters, Unicode characters and even small images. IDAutomation recommends restricting the data encoded into each symbol due to the fact that many 2D barcode scanners have difficulty reading barcodes that contain more than approximately 800 characters of data.
To print Data Matrix as a font, the data-to-encode must first be formatted with a Data Matrix font encoder, which will return a text string that, when combined with the Data Matrix 2D Font, will create an accurate Data Matrix symbol. For example, sending the text of "IDAUTOMATION DataMatrix Font and Encoder" through the encoder returns the string of characters as depicted below on the left. An accurate Data Matrix barcode is generated with the appropriate font is applied to that text string.
|The text string returned from the Data Matrix Encoder.||This Data Matrix barcode displays when applying the font to the text string.|
In addition to the advantages mentioned above, the following features are provided within this package:
- Compatible with the Barcode Add-In for Word and Excel, VBA and Word mail-merge for Windows and Mac systems.
- Custom Function Encoding allows easy encoding of tabs and returns between fields in a single Data Matrix barcode symbol.
- Automatic Square-Symbol Size Selection from 10 x 10 to 144 x 144.
- Rectangular Symbol Support from 8 x 18 to 16 x 48.
- Supports Encoding Modes BASE256, C40, TEXT, ASCII and GS1-DataMatrix within ASCII encoding.
- COM DLL was created in C++ ATL and has no dependencies.
- Java Class Library is compatible with JDK 1.4 and above.
- All font encoders provided are compatible with the Universal 2D Fonts, which create several barcode types from a single font.
- The 2D XLS Font for Excel is compatible with the font encoding routines of this product and easily generates multiple symbols within large columns or rows of spreadsheets.
- With a purchase of the Developer License or above, Web Fonts are included in WOFF, EOT and SVG formats to easily display barcodes in any web browser.
IDAutomation provides multiple Data Matrix Font and Encoder packages to fit a
variety of application environments. Additional implementations are provided in the Data Matrix Font and Encoder User Manual.
|Data Matrix Font Encoders||Font and Encoder User Suite||Font and Encoder Developer Suite|
|ActiveX COM DLL|
UFL Font Formula
32 bit Crystal runtime version only
|FileMaker Pro Plugin||
& 64 bit)
& 64 bit)
|FileMaker Font Encoder Object||(32 & 64 bit)||(32 & 64 bit)|
|Native VB Module for Excel and Access|
|Native Open Office VB Macro|
|Native Crystal Reports Formula
32 and 64 bit version of Crystal
.NET Standard 2.0 & .NET Core 2.0 source code in C# and VB.NET with
|.NET Windows Forms Control & DLL|
|Java Class Library|
|C++ .H Header File|
|SSRS Font Encoder|
|Additional GS1-DataMatrix HRI support|
|Data Matrix Graphic Encoders||Font and Encoder User Suite||Font and Encoder Developer Suite|
|Signed ActiveX CAB File|
| .NET Standard 2.0 & .NET Core 2.0 source code in
C# and VB.NET to generate BMP, SVG, EPS and HTML images|| |
|.NET Forms Control|
|ASP.NET Web Server Control|
|Java Applet and Servlet|
The complete source code for any single compiled encoder, such as the ASP.NET Web Server Control, for example, may be provided by request after the purchase of an Unlimited Developer License of the Font and Encoder Suite.
Multiple Encoders Provided
Multiple encoders provide more options for integrating Data Matrix barcoding into application. Using an encoder is necessary because of the complexity of the 2D Data Matrix symbology. IDAutomation provides both font and graphic encoders in the package.
The accompanying chart summarizes how font and graphic encoders work to generate accurate Data Matrix barcodes.
|Data Sent To Encoder||Text String Returned||Text String with Font Applied|
|Created with the IDAutomation DataMatrix Barcode Font and Encoder||A text string is retrieved from the encoder|
|Data Sent To Encoder||Image Returned||Image Displayed|
|Created with the IDAutomation DataMatrix Barcode Font and Encoder||The image is retrieved from the encoder and prepared for display or printing|