Universal Barcode Font Advantage
and print many different barcode types with a single font in Windows, Macintosh,
Linux and Unix-based systems.
- Supports multiple languages with double-byte character sets such as
Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
- TrueType, OpenType, PCL LaserJet soft fonts and PostScript font
versions are included.
- Compatible with 32 and 64-bit systems including Microsoft Office 2010
and Windows 7.
- Supports AIM USS Code 128, GS1-128, EAN-128, Code 39, Interleaved
2 of 5, MSI, Codabar, USPS Intelligent Mail, OneCode, Postnet and
- Universal Fonts require special formatting with
font encoders, tools and source code,
royalty-free so that the data will generate a readable barcode when the font is
- New Windows and Macintosh packages include examples for:
- Macintosh: Office
2004, FileMaker, OpenOffice, Java and AppleScript.
Office, Excel, Access, FileMaker, Crystal Reports, VB, C#, Java
- 2D Universal Fonts
for generating Aztec, Data Matrix, QR-Code and PDF417 barcodes.
- Video Tutorial:
Create Standard Barcodes using Universal Fonts
Universal Barcode Font Features
package includes 7 different Universal font heights and file formats as well as
rights to use the
font tools, encoders and source code for easy integration, royalty-free.
Download Demo |
- A Single Font for Multiple Barcode Types: Supports
of 5, Code
USPS Intelligent Mail (OneCode 4-State Customer Barcode).
- Royalty-Free Font Tools Included:
Font tools, encoders and source code modules are provided royalty-free
with a license to this product. The font tools automatically convert
the data that is to be encoded to a text string, that when combined
with IDAutomation's universal barcode font, will create an accurate
- Multiple Language and Locale Support: The Universal
Font is compatible with multiple operating systems and locales,
including Double Byte versions of Windows, such as those used in
China, Korea and Japan.
- Cross-platform Support: The unique encoding in IDAutomation
fonts allows cross-platform support between Unix, Linux, Macintosh
and Windows® operating systems.
- Three Wide-to-Narrow Ratios Provided: This single font
can provide wide-to-narrow ratios of 2:1, 2.5:1 and 3:1 for the
Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar and MSI symbologies. The ratio
is changed by a parameter in the
function of the font tool.
- GS1-128 & UCC/EAN-128 Support: When using Universal
EAN-128 barcodes, the
font tools provides an automated method of encoding one or more
Application Identifiers (AI). Additionally, when printed at 12 points the "IDAutomation Uni
M" font is specifically designed for GS1-128 barcodes where a size
of .5" tall and an X dimension of 10 mils is required. Read more
how to encode GS1-128
- Seven Different Font Heights Provided: IDAutomation Universal Fonts are scalable
and should be printed at an appropriate size to suit the application
and scanner equipment. In addition to using the point size to set
the font width, 7 font versions are provided to support
different height requirements.
- Low Resolution Printer Support: These Universal barcode
fonts are designed to print precisely on 203 DPI thermal printers
and 300 DPI printers in addition to higher resolution printers.
- USPS Support: When printed at 16 points, the
IDAutomation Uni L font will produce a
barcode with a height of .75" and an X dimension of .013", the exact dimensions for GS1-128
USPS special services. This package also supports other USPS symbologies such
Postnet and Planet.
- Canada Post Support: When printed at 21 points, the
IDAutomation Uni L font will produce a
barcode with a height of 1" and an X-dimension of .017", the dimensions required by
the CANADA POST.
- Easy Function Encoding Capability: IDAutomation's font
tools provide easy methods of
encoding functions such as returns and tabs in Code 128 barcodes.
- Embeddable Functionality: The fonts included with the
Developer License may be embedded into PDFs,
Word documents and other files that support embedding, so those that do not have
the fonts installed can still display the barcode.
- Data Sheet & Implementation Examples: More technical
information about this font, such as dimension specifications, is
available in the
Universal Font Advantage User Manual.
- Multiple Formats Provided: All font formats are available
after purchase in a single
.zip file with included fonts as follows:
- TrueType fonts are supplied in PC and Macintosh format.
The TrueType TTF fonts are compatible with Macintosh OS X and
all versions of Microsoft Windows, including
Pocket PC. Macintosh formatted MTT TrueType fonts are compatible
with Macintosh System 7.1 and above.
- OpenType OTF fonts with PostScript outlines are compatible with Windows, Macintosh OS X and other
systems supporting the OpenType format.
- PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied in binary, ASCII and
- PCL LaserJet soft fonts are included in this package in 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24 points.
- For the most up-to-date installation procedures for Macintosh,
Linux, Unix and other operating systems, visit IDAutomation's
This Universal Barcode Font package does not support
types, which are available as a separate purchase.