Aztec Barcode Font & Encoder
Generates 2D Aztec matrix barcode symbols from a font.
- Easily integrates with Crystal Reports, Microsoft® Access® and Microsoft®
Word mail-merge versions 2003 thru 2010.
- Compatible with both 32 and 64 bit systems, including Microsoft Office 2010
and Windows 7.
- Supports multiple development environments including VB 6, C# and
- Royalty Free Developer Licenses available.
- Available encoders include a Java Class Library, Microsoft® Windows®
DLL, Crystal UFL and .NET Assembly.
- Uses IDAutomation Vertical Interleaved Technology™ with the IDAutomation2D
- The Aztec Fonts require special formatting so that the data, when the
barcode font is applied, will be scannable. Font encoders and
graphic encoders are provided to complete this
- Prices start at $199 for a Single User License.
Aztec Barcode Overview
The IDAutomation Aztec Barcode Font and Encoder is a collection
of components that generate Aztec barcode symbols with fonts and graphics.
Aztec is an area efficient two-dimensional (2D) barcode symbology capable
of encoding large amounts of data. The data encoded may include letters,
numbers, text and actual bytes of data, including extended characters, Unicode
characters and small photos. IDAutomation recommends limiting the data encoded
in each symbol to 800 characters or less if possible because many barcode
scanners do not decode large symbols.
User Manual |
Support | Download Demo
Font Encoder Tutorial
The encoding and decoding process of the Aztec symbology is very complex.
To print Aztec barcodes as a font, the encoded data must first be formatted
with one of IDAutomation's
Aztec Font Encoders. The encoder will return a text string, that when
combined with the 2D font, will create a proper Aztec symbol. The example
in Figure 1 encodes the text of "IDAUTOMATION Aztec Font and Encoder".
Figure 1. Example of the 2-step process used to create Aztec
symbols from a font.
|Step 1: The "matrix" of characters is obtained from
any of the Aztec
||Step 2: The Aztec symbol is created by applying
the 2D font to the matrix of characters:
Aztec Barcode Features
In addition to the advantages mentioned above, the following features
are provided in this barcode font package:
- The advanced Aztec font uses IDAutomation Vertical Interleaved
Technology™ which allows increased throughput and printing at small
X dimensions. For example, the
2D Imager scans symbols
printed with IDAutomation's Aztec barcode
font as small as 3 points, which is an X dimension of .025CM or 10 mils.
- Compatible with Crystal Reports 9 and above.
- Custom tilde functions allow easy methods to encode tab and returns
between fields in a single symbol.
- The COM DLL was created in C++ ATL and has no dependencies.
- The source code for any single encoder may be provided with
the purchase of the Unlimited Developer License and a signed
- Multiple fonts are provided - When a license is purchased
for this font, the customer will receive all versions in a single ZIP
file. The manual is also supplied in a file named "readme" in the ZIP
file. The following fonts are included:
- TrueType fonts are supplied in PC and Macintosh format. The
TrueType TTF fonts are compatible with Macintosh OS X and all versions
of Microsoft Windows, including
PC. Macintosh formatted MTT TrueType fonts are compatible with
Macintosh System 7.1 and above.
- OpenType OTF fonts with PostScript outlines are provided. These
are compatible with Windows®, Macintosh OS X and other systems supporting
the OpenType format.
- PostScript Type 1 fonts are supplied in binary, ASCII and Macintosh
- Also included in this package are PCL 5 LaserJet soft fonts
from 2-14 points.
- The Developer License grants the right to convert IDAutomation
fonts to other formats as necessary including TrueDoc and OpenType.
Multiple Encoders Provided
Multiple encoders provide more application integration options. It is
necessary to use an encoder because of the complexity of the symbols. IDAutomation
provides both font encoders and graphic encoders in this package. Font encoders
return a text string, that when printed or displayed with the Aztec barcode
font, create the Aztec symbol, as demonstrated in the
Encoder for Windows Tutorial. The feature chart below lists the encoders
provided with the packages.
* The .NET DLL, Java Class Library, .NET Forms Control, ASP.NET Web
Server Control and Java Applet & Servlet encoders require a Developer License.
Additional features and implementation tutorials are provided in the
If it is necessary to verify printed symbols, consider purchasing a
Barcode Verifier or
Order the Aztec Font & Encoder
orders include free, automatic registration for technical support and product
upgrades for a period of 30 days. Support and upgrades may be provided beyond
30 days if the
Priority Support and Upgrade Subscription is purchased when making the
License Summary: (Choose the appropriate link
to obtain more details about the license type.)
allows one (1) developer royalty-free distribution up to 10,000 user
5 Developer License grants the rights of the Developer License
for up to five (5) developers and 20,000 user licenses.
Unlimited Developer License grants the rights of the Developer License
for an unlimited number of developers and an unlimited number of user
licenses. (Includes Source**)
- Highly discounted Small and Mid-Size
Company Developer Licenses grant the rights of the
Developer License to
Single User License allows use of the Software for one (1) user in your
organization. However, if the Software is used in connection with a high speed
printer that prints over 55 pages per minute or a system (including all
hardware, printer and software) having a cost totaling over $50,000 USD or
equivalent in a foreign currency, a Developer License is required.
Multiple User Licenses are also available in various quantities.
Aztec Font & Encoder for Windows
Aztec Font & Encoder Advantage Package
The .NET DLL, Java Class Library, .NET Forms Control, ASP.NET Web Server
Control and Java Applet & Servlet encoders require a Developer License.
* The applicable Small
must be completed prior to purchase.
** The source code for any single encoder may be provided with
the purchase of the Unlimited Developer License and a signed
IDAutomation.com offers secure, encrypted online
ordering by credit card and immediate delivery via download after
the order is approved.
Other ordering options.
If assistance is needed, please